Unique logins for everyone filling the form

Hi! I am trying to develop unique IDs for anyone using the form- so that it is easier to trace back who filled the data, and to make sure that only authorised people fill it. Is there a way to do it? I asked around and they said the only way is to have if condition based passwords. Any help at all would be super helpful! many thanks!

Hi @tandon_saloni5! As you are new to the community, when you get a chance, please introduce yourself here. I’d also encourage you to add a real picture as your avatar because it helps build community!

Could you explain what tool you are using (odk-collect, odk-x survey?) That will help us give you the right answer quickly! The answer here definitely depends on what tool you are using if you want to have the software track users. The other thing you can do (I have done this) is just have all your users have user ids and have a question where they fill it in early in the form. So for example a question for enumerator name, enumerator number.

Best,
Caroline

1 Like

Hi! thanks so much for the reply! I have introduced myself on the link now..
I will be using ODK collect for this survey form and I have tried the enumerator number idea as well. My concern is user ids will be easy to share/guess.. would there be any other way to have unique passwords for each id? I tried to place if conditions where the condition would match the password entered with the password choice but i'm stuck with the if conditions and I am pretty sure i'm doing something drastically wrong...
could you help me create if conditions where a text is matched with an existing choice in the choice list? Many thanks in advance!

Hi @tandon_saloni5! @elmps2018 has a good suggestion, and to build on it, I think you should assign a random PIN (maybe 4-6 digits) to each person. These PINs will only be known to you and each person, and you can filter the incoming data that way without putting passwords or complex logic in the form. Would that approach work?

1 Like