Update filled in and saved form, but not yet sent

1. What is the issue? Please be detailed.
I erroneously placed a mandatory/required setting to a form's guidance note, which did not require a response. Enumerators had been deployed when this setting was realised. Upon realising this, the form was updated, and most enumerators were able to manually refresh to get the new form. However, one enumerator did not refresh and filled in the previous version of the form. The problem is that this enumerator cannot send the form because in the previous version, the note was set to mandatory/required. An error message "Sorry, this response is required!" appears when she tried to send the form. The challenge is that it is simply a note that was wrongly set to be mandatory.
My question is therefore: how do I refresh an already saved form (but not yet sent) so that the actual form is updated, without affecting already filled in data?

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you about this. Unfortunately, there's not a great answer for this right now. Were you able to resolve the issue?

Some options:

• Get another device side by side and re-enter the data in the other one.
  • Get the data off of the device using these instructions and then manually push the submission using the API (or Briefcase)
  • Use a text editor to edit the raw submission and change the form version

Let me know if you'd like more details on any of those.

Thank you for the response. Yes, I resolved it through the first option "Get another device side by side and re-enter the data in the other one"

1 Like

I'm glad you were able to come up with a solution and that it wasn't too disruptive!

In Central, we provide an opportunity to make draft submissions and a strong recommendation to upload some before publishing:

Is there something we could do to further encourage this practice?