Updating dynamicallly an existing form

Hello guys, I'm new on using ODK and I would like to say that it is a very good app! Since I'm still learning how to use it, I would like to know from you more experienced users if there is a way to update automatically an existing form?

Once my form is created I don't need to change its questions, but I do need to update the answers (choices) everyday, so I don't want to do it manually. I'm wondering if it is possible to make this update process somehow automatic. Is it?

Thanks in advance!

Hi @poda
welcome to the forum! Please introduce yourself here!
what exactly would you like to automate? And what tools do you use?
If you are talking about downloading updated forms ODK Collect supports periodic updates. Please read:
https://docs.getodk.org/form-update/
https://docs.getodk.org/collect-settings/#periodic-form-updates-check

1 Like

Hi @Grzesiek2010, thanks for your help!

Let me explain my problem.

I work on an electrical distributor company. Everyday I need to create a "work card" (a form) to my colleages, so they can perform the services in this work card and return other info to me, after each service is completed. Today this process is not digital, that is, I print all the services in a paper and split these services among my colleagues, in the end of the day, my colleagues come back and give me all the additional info gattered in the field. Then I need to mannually send this info to the database. This proccess is mannual as you can see.

So I found out ODK. What I want to know is: Is it possible to create everyday (because everyday we have new services) a form tha can be seen by my colleagues in the field, so they can fill out this form? This way, I can get all the data and send them autommatically to the Data Base. But the thing here is: I don't want to update mannually this form everyday. I want to automate it. The whole problem here is in the creation of this form, since it should be updated everyday. Is there a way to automate this creating/generating proccess?

Thanks for your patiente and kindness!

What kind of data is dynamic? Do you need to add/remove questions or maybe you have one static form and you just need to update choices (for select_one/multiple questions)?

I don't have to change/delete/add any question. I just need to update the answers (choices) to these questions. I want to update these answers automatically. Is it clear now? I know it's complicated to get it :cold_sweat:

By choices I understand a list of options you provide to select in select_one/select_multiple questions are you also talking about the same? If so you want to use the same form every day but just change options to select (choices)?

Exactly my friend! Is it possible to automate (somehow) this process?

And what server do you use?

A post was split to a new topic: Automatically fill next cell

A post was merged into an existing topic: Unable to send submissions to fmardpace server