Upload-submission-queue and read operations in Appengine

I'm having trouble understanding the two.

I have four forms in aggregate. Submissions to all four are working
fine. I've set all four to publish both existing and new entries to
fusion tables. For some reason, it takes a long time for them to
publish. I just posted entries in 3 of them and all show fine in
Aggregate. The problem it seems is the upload-submission-queue. I
don't know what that is but there have been cases where purging the
queue has resulted in new entries showing up in the relevant fusion
tables.

I'm also having trouble understanding read operations. The value
currently stands at 3.75 million operations in the last 9 hours. I
just refreshed again and now it's 3.77 million operations. And now
it's at 3.79 million. I know for sure that nobody else is using the
application right now. What's causing these read operations? I've set
my daily quota to $5.00 and read operations have already used $2.62.

The remaining is spent on write operations and on backend instance
hours. Where are they used and how can I ensure that I'm not wasting
them? As of now, I'm at 0.89 million write operations and 17.24
backend instance hours.

Thanks in advance!

Asim

Asim,

What version of Aggregate you using?

Yaw

··· On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 08:49, Asim Fayaz wrote: > I'm having trouble understanding the two. > > I have four forms in aggregate. Submissions to all four are working > fine. I've set all four to publish both existing and new entries to > fusion tables. For some reason, it takes a long time for them to > publish. I just posted entries in 3 of them and all show fine in > Aggregate. The problem it seems is the upload-submission-queue. I > don't know what that is but there have been cases where purging the > queue has resulted in new entries showing up in the relevant fusion > tables. > > I'm also having trouble understanding read operations. The value > currently stands at 3.75 million operations in the last 9 hours. I > just refreshed again and now it's 3.77 million operations. And now > it's at 3.79 million. I know for sure that nobody else is using the > application right now. What's causing these read operations? I've set > my daily quota to $5.00 and read operations have already used $2.62. > > The remaining is spent on write operations and on backend instance > hours. Where are they used and how can I ensure that I'm not wasting > them? As of now, I'm at 0.89 million write operations and 17.24 > backend instance hours. > > Thanks in advance! > > Asim > > -- > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en

Aggregate v1.0.2

··· On Dec 30, 9:55 pm, Yaw Anokwa wrote: > Asim, > > What version of Aggregate you using? > > Yaw > > > > > > > > On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 08:49, Asim Fayaz wrote: > > I'm having trouble understanding the two. > > > I have four forms in aggregate. Submissions to all four are working > > fine. I've set all four to publish both existing and new entries to > > fusion tables. For some reason, it takes a long time for them to > > publish. I just posted entries in 3 of them and all show fine in > > Aggregate. The problem it seems is the upload-submission-queue. I > > don't know what that is but there have been cases where purging the > > queue has resulted in new entries showing up in the relevant fusion > > tables. > > > I'm also having trouble understanding read operations. The value > > currently stands at 3.75 million operations in the last 9 hours. I > > just refreshed again and now it's 3.77 million operations. And now > > it's at 3.79 million. I know for sure that nobody else is using the > > application right now. What's causing these read operations? I've set > > my daily quota to $5.00 and read operations have already used $2.62. > > > The remaining is spent on write operations and on backend instance > > hours. Where are they used and how can I ensure that I'm not wasting > > them? As of now, I'm at 0.89 million write operations and 17.24 > > backend instance hours. > > > Thanks in advance! > > > Asim > > > -- > > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > > Options:http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en

Any idea what's going on? I can post logs etc if you tell me what you
want to see.

Happy New Year!

··· On Dec 31 2011, 4:02 pm, Asim Fayaz wrote: > Aggregate v1.0.2 > > On Dec 30, 9:55 pm, Yaw Anokwa wrote: > > > > > > > > > Asim, > > > What version of Aggregate you using? > > > Yaw > > > On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 08:49, Asim Fayaz wrote: > > > I'm having trouble understanding the two. > > > > I have four forms in aggregate. Submissions to all four are working > > > fine. I've set all four to publish both existing and new entries to > > > fusion tables. For some reason, it takes a long time for them to > > > publish. I just posted entries in 3 of them and all show fine in > > > Aggregate. The problem it seems is the upload-submission-queue. I > > > don't know what that is but there have been cases where purging the > > > queue has resulted in new entries showing up in the relevant fusion > > > tables. > > > > I'm also having trouble understanding read operations. The value > > > currently stands at 3.75 million operations in the last 9 hours. I > > > just refreshed again and now it's 3.77 million operations. And now > > > it's at 3.79 million. I know for sure that nobody else is using the > > > application right now. What's causing these read operations? I've set > > > my daily quota to $5.00 and read operations have already used $2.62. > > > > The remaining is spent on write operations and on backend instance > > > hours. Where are they used and how can I ensure that I'm not wasting > > > them? As of now, I'm at 0.89 million write operations and 17.24 > > > backend instance hours. > > > > Thanks in advance! > > > > Asim > > > > -- > > > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > > > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > > > Options:http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en

Please upgrade to 1.0.3.

The Upload Submissions queue manages the publishing of data to the external
services. You should not purge entries in this queue, as that will cause
publishing to not occur. Once I resolve issues relating to logins on
Tomcat, I will be investigating issue:
http://code.google.com/p/opendatakit/issues/detail?id=484 reporting failure
of streaming publishers to publish new submissions to external services.
You may be having this problem, but the publishing of already-submitted
data should not be failing.

v1.0.3 moves the upload-submissions activity to the foreground thread, and
fixes some issues with the watchdog being overly-active, which should bring
your background instance usage back underneath the 9-hour quota. If you
are submitting data more frequently than once every 6 seconds (or if you
are uploading multiple submissions from a given phone at one go), then
1.0.3 will be much better than 1.0.2 w.r.t. read quota and performance.
Improvements are particularly notable when using ODK Briefcase.

When you have your website open, if you view or refresh the "Submissions"
sub-tab (and that sub-tab auto-refreshes every 10 seconds), please keep in
mind that this executes a database read operation for at least 100
completed form submissions. Depending upon the structure of your form, the
number of reads to accomplish this can be quite high:

For a given form, on AppEngine, displaying a single completed form
submission costs a minimum of:

ReadsPerCompletedSubmission =
(1 read +
(1+'n') reads per multiple-choice question (i.e., ) +
3 x (number of image, audio, or video captures) +
RepeatGroupCost)
x
(1 + (number of image captures in main (non-repeat-group) portion of
form) )

Where 'n' is the average number of choices checked for that multiple-choice
question.
Repeat groups add the following to the total:

RepeatGroupCost =
(2 read +
(1+'n') reads per multiple-choice question within the repeat group +
3 x (number of image, audio, or video captures within the repeat group) )
x
'm'

Where 'm' is the average number of repeats per submission for this repeat
group.

So if you have a form with 6 multiple-choice questions, each averaging 3
responses, plus
one 1 repeat group, itself with a single multiple-choice question averaging
2 responses, and
the repeat group averages 4 completed groups per submission, and you also
have 2 audio
clips, 2 images, and 3 videos within the form (not the repeat group), then
the total costs are:

(1 + 6 x (1+3) + 3 x (2 + 2 + 3) + 4 x (2 + 1 x (1+2)) )
x
(1 + 2)

yielding:

198 reads / submission.

Anytime a submission is read, such as during publishing, this will be the
cost.
In particular, refreshing the 'Submissions' tab (which shows 100 records),
will then cost:

19,800 reads (.02 M reads)

This only counts the reads needed to access the completed submission.
There are other read operations needed to track what forms are available,
what rights the user has for accessing the system, and what has or has not
been published to the external services. From 1.0.2 onward, those are all
heavily cached, but also add into the total.

··· ------- Mitch

On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 10:35 AM, Asim Fayaz asimfayaz@gmail.com wrote:

want to see.

Happy New Year!

On Dec 31 2011, 4:02 pm, Asim Fayaz asimfa...@gmail.com wrote:

Aggregate v1.0.2

On Dec 30, 9:55 pm, Yaw Anokwa yano...@gmail.com wrote:

Asim,

Yaw

On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 08:49, Asim Fayaz asimfa...@gmail.com wrote:

I have four forms in aggregate. Submissions to all four are working
fine. I've set all four to publish both existing and new entries to
don't know what that is but there have been cases where purging the
queue has resulted in new entries showing up in the relevant fusion
tables.

currently stands at 3.75 million operations in the last 9 hours. I
just refreshed again and now it's 3.77 million operations. And now
it's at 3.79 million. I know for sure that nobody else is using the
application right now. What's causing these read operations? I've set
my daily quota to $5.00 and read operations have already used $2.62.

The remaining is spent on write operations and on backend instance
hours. Where are they used and how can I ensure that I'm not wasting
backend instance hours.

Thanks in advance!

Asim

--
Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
Options:http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en

--
Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en

--
Mitch Sundt
Software Engineer
University of Washington
mitchellsundt@gmail.com

Thanks for the detailed explanation! I currently have four forms
currently running. Is there a way to download those forms and entries
(including image) and upload them to the new 1.0.3 deployment, albeit
on the same server, without having to download the forms on the phones
again? The 50 handsets have been given to field staff and it would be
quite a task to get them back or to explain to them how to update the
forms.

··· On Jan 3, 10:56 pm, Mitch S wrote: > Please upgrade to 1.0.3. > > The Upload Submissions queue manages the publishing of data to the external > services. You should not purge entries in this queue, as that will cause > publishing to not occur. Once I resolve issues relating to logins on > Tomcat, I will be investigating issue:http://code.google.com/p/opendatakit/issues/detail?id=484reporting failure > of streaming publishers to publish new submissions to external services. > You may be having this problem, but the publishing of already-submitted > data should not be failing. > > v1.0.3 moves the upload-submissions activity to the foreground thread, and > fixes some issues with the watchdog being overly-active, which should bring > your background instance usage back underneath the 9-hour quota. If you > are submitting data more frequently than once every 6 seconds (or if you > are uploading multiple submissions from a given phone at one go), then > 1.0.3 will be much better than 1.0.2 w.r.t. read quota and performance. > Improvements are particularly notable when using ODK Briefcase. > > When you have your website open, if you view or refresh the "Submissions" > sub-tab (and that sub-tab auto-refreshes every 10 seconds), please keep in > mind that this executes a database read operation for at least 100 > completed form submissions. Depending upon the structure of your form, the > number of reads to accomplish this can be quite high: > > For a given form, on AppEngine, displaying a single completed form > submission costs a minimum of: > > ReadsPerCompletedSubmission = > (1 read + > (1+'n') reads per multiple-choice question (i.e., ) + > 3 x (number of image, audio, or video captures) + > RepeatGroupCost) > x > (1 + (number of image captures in main (non-repeat-group) portion of > form) ) > > Where 'n' is the average number of choices checked for that multiple-choice > question. > Repeat groups add the following to the total: > > RepeatGroupCost = > (2 read + > (1+'n') reads per multiple-choice question within the repeat group + > 3 x (number of image, audio, or video captures within the repeat group) ) > x > 'm' > > Where 'm' is the average number of repeats per submission for this repeat > group. > > So if you have a form with 6 multiple-choice questions, each averaging 3 > responses, plus > one 1 repeat group, itself with a single multiple-choice question averaging > 2 responses, and > the repeat group averages 4 completed groups per submission, and you also > have 2 audio > clips, 2 images, and 3 videos within the form (not the repeat group), then > the total costs are: > > (1 + 6 x (1+3) + 3 x (2 + 2 + 3) + 4 x (2 + 1 x (1+2)) ) > x > (1 + 2) > > yielding: > > 198 reads / submission. > > Anytime a submission is read, such as during publishing, this will be the > cost. > In particular, refreshing the 'Submissions' tab (which shows 100 records), > will then cost: > > 19,800 reads (.02 M reads) > > This only counts the reads needed to access the completed submission. > There are other read operations needed to track what forms are available, > what rights the user has for accessing the system, and what has or has not > been published to the external services. From 1.0.2 onward, those are all > heavily cached, but also add into the total. > > ------- > Mitch > > > > > > > > > > On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 10:35 AM, Asim Fayaz wrote: > > Any idea what's going on? I can post logs etc if you tell me what you > > want to see. > > > Happy New Year! > > > On Dec 31 2011, 4:02 pm, Asim Fayaz wrote: > > > Aggregate v1.0.2 > > > > On Dec 30, 9:55 pm, Yaw Anokwa wrote: > > > > > Asim, > > > > > What version of Aggregate you using? > > > > > Yaw > > > > > On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 08:49, Asim Fayaz wrote: > > > > > I'm having trouble understanding the two. > > > > > > I have four forms in aggregate. Submissions to all four are working > > > > > fine. I've set all four to publish both existing and new entries to > > > > > fusion tables. For some reason, it takes a long time for them to > > > > > publish. I just posted entries in 3 of them and all show fine in > > > > > Aggregate. The problem it seems is the upload-submission-queue. I > > > > > don't know what that is but there have been cases where purging the > > > > > queue has resulted in new entries showing up in the relevant fusion > > > > > tables. > > > > > > I'm also having trouble understanding read operations. The value > > > > > currently stands at 3.75 million operations in the last 9 hours. I > > > > > just refreshed again and now it's 3.77 million operations. And now > > > > > it's at 3.79 million. I know for sure that nobody else is using the > > > > > application right now. What's causing these read operations? I've set > > > > > my daily quota to $5.00 and read operations have already used $2.62. > > > > > > The remaining is spent on write operations and on backend instance > > > > > hours. Where are they used and how can I ensure that I'm not wasting > > > > > them? As of now, I'm at 0.89 million write operations and 17.24 > > > > > backend instance hours. > > > > > > Thanks in advance! > > > > > > Asim > > > > > > -- > > > > > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > > > > > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > > > > > Options:http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en > > > -- > > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > > Options:http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en > > -- > Mitch Sundt > Software Engineer > University of Washington > mitchellsu...@gmail.com

When upgrading to a new version, see
http://code.google.com/p/opendatakit/wiki/AggregateReleaseNotes
for the actions required for the upgrade.

In this case, the 1.0.3 release is compatible with the 1.0.2 release, so
you can simply upgrade your existing Appspot instance -- you don't need to
create a new application ID and migrate your users. Note that you MUST
keep the same "ODK Aggregate Instance Name" when upgrading. Changing it by
even one character will invalidate all the user passwords.

Mitch

··· On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 11:07 PM, Asim Fayaz wrote:

Thanks for the detailed explanation! I currently have four forms
currently running. Is there a way to download those forms and entries
(including image) and upload them to the new 1.0.3 deployment, albeit
on the same server, without having to download the forms on the phones
again? The 50 handsets have been given to field staff and it would be
quite a task to get them back or to explain to them how to update the
forms.

On Jan 3, 10:56 pm, Mitch S mitchellsu...@gmail.com wrote:

Please upgrade to 1.0.3.

The Upload Submissions queue manages the publishing of data to the
external
services. You should not purge entries in this queue, as that will cause
publishing to not occur. Once I resolve issues relating to logins on
Tomcat, I will be investigating issue:
http://code.google.com/p/opendatakit/issues/detail?id=484reporting failure
of streaming publishers to publish new submissions to external services.
You may be having this problem, but the publishing of already-submitted
data should not be failing.

v1.0.3 moves the upload-submissions activity to the foreground thread,
and
fixes some issues with the watchdog being overly-active, which should
bring
your background instance usage back underneath the 9-hour quota. If you
are submitting data more frequently than once every 6 seconds (or if you
are uploading multiple submissions from a given phone at one go), then
1.0.3 will be much better than 1.0.2 w.r.t. read quota and performance.
Improvements are particularly notable when using ODK Briefcase.

When you have your website open, if you view or refresh the "Submissions"
sub-tab (and that sub-tab auto-refreshes every 10 seconds), please keep
in
mind that this executes a database read operation for at least 100
completed form submissions. Depending upon the structure of your form,
the
number of reads to accomplish this can be quite high:

For a given form, on AppEngine, displaying a single completed form
submission costs a minimum of:

ReadsPerCompletedSubmission =
(1 read +
(1+'n') reads per multiple-choice question (i.e., ) +
3 x (number of image, audio, or video captures) +
RepeatGroupCost)
x
(1 + (number of image captures in main (non-repeat-group) portion of
form) )

Where 'n' is the average number of choices checked for that
multiple-choice
question.
Repeat groups add the following to the total:

RepeatGroupCost =
(2 read +
(1+'n') reads per multiple-choice question within the repeat group +
3 x (number of image, audio, or video captures within the repeat
group) )
x
'm'

Where 'm' is the average number of repeats per submission for this repeat
group.

So if you have a form with 6 multiple-choice questions, each averaging 3
responses, plus
one 1 repeat group, itself with a single multiple-choice question
averaging
2 responses, and
the repeat group averages 4 completed groups per submission, and you also
have 2 audio
clips, 2 images, and 3 videos within the form (not the repeat group),
then
the total costs are:

(1 + 6 x (1+3) + 3 x (2 + 2 + 3) + 4 x (2 + 1 x (1+2)) )
x
(1 + 2)

yielding:

198 reads / submission.

Anytime a submission is read, such as during publishing, this will be the
cost.
In particular, refreshing the 'Submissions' tab (which shows 100
records),
will then cost:

19,800 reads (.02 M reads)

This only counts the reads needed to access the completed submission.
There are other read operations needed to track what forms are available,
what rights the user has for accessing the system, and what has or has
not
been published to the external services. From 1.0.2 onward, those are
all
heavily cached, but also add into the total.

Mitch

On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 10:35 AM, Asim Fayaz asimfa...@gmail.com wrote:

want to see.

Happy New Year!

On Dec 31 2011, 4:02 pm, Asim Fayaz asimfa...@gmail.com wrote:

Aggregate v1.0.2

On Dec 30, 9:55 pm, Yaw Anokwa yano...@gmail.com wrote:

Asim,

Yaw

On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 08:49, Asim Fayaz asimfa...@gmail.com wrote:

I have four forms in aggregate. Submissions to all four are
working
fine. I've set all four to publish both existing and new entries
to
don't know what that is but there have been cases where purging
the
queue has resulted in new entries showing up in the relevant
fusion
tables.

currently stands at 3.75 million operations in the last 9 hours.
I
just refreshed again and now it's 3.77 million operations. And
now
it's at 3.79 million. I know for sure that nobody else is using
the
application right now. What's causing these read operations?
I've set
my daily quota to $5.00 and read operations have already used
$2.62.

The remaining is spent on write operations and on backend
instance
hours. Where are they used and how can I ensure that I'm not
wasting
backend instance hours.

Thanks in advance!

Asim

--

--

--
Mitch Sundt
Software Engineer
University of Washington
mitchellsu...@gmail.com

--
Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en

--
Mitch Sundt
Software Engineer
University of Washington
mitchellsundt@gmail.com

Thanks! It seems to have worked. I just published around 400+ entries
from four different forms to Fusion tables and then posted a couple of
new entries on each and I'm still in my free quota. Let's hope it
stays that way. Thanks again.

Asim

··· On Jan 5, 10:44 pm, Mitch S wrote: > When upgrading to a new version, seehttp://code.google.com/p/opendatakit/wiki/AggregateReleaseNotes > for the actions required for the upgrade. > > In this case, the 1.0.3 release is compatible with the 1.0.2 release, so > you can simply upgrade your existing Appspot instance -- you don't need to > create a new application ID and migrate your users. Note that you MUST > keep the same "ODK Aggregate Instance Name" when upgrading. Changing it by > even one character will invalidate all the user passwords. > > Mitch > > > > > > > > > > On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 11:07 PM, Asim Fayaz wrote: > > Thanks for the detailed explanation! I currently have four forms > > currently running. Is there a way to download those forms and entries > > (including image) and upload them to the new 1.0.3 deployment, albeit > > on the same server, without having to download the forms on the phones > > again? The 50 handsets have been given to field staff and it would be > > quite a task to get them back or to explain to them how to update the > > forms. > > > On Jan 3, 10:56 pm, Mitch S wrote: > > > Please upgrade to 1.0.3. > > > > The Upload Submissions queue manages the publishing of data to the > > external > > > services. You should not purge entries in this queue, as that will cause > > > publishing to not occur. Once I resolve issues relating to logins on > > > Tomcat, I will be investigating issue: > >http://code.google.com/p/opendatakit/issues/detail?id=484reportingfailure > > > of streaming publishers to publish new submissions to external services. > > > You may be having this problem, but the publishing of already-submitted > > > data should not be failing. > > > > v1.0.3 moves the upload-submissions activity to the foreground thread, > > and > > > fixes some issues with the watchdog being overly-active, which should > > bring > > > your background instance usage back underneath the 9-hour quota. If you > > > are submitting data more frequently than once every 6 seconds (or if you > > > are uploading multiple submissions from a given phone at one go), then > > > 1.0.3 will be much better than 1.0.2 w.r.t. read quota and performance. > > > Improvements are particularly notable when using ODK Briefcase. > > > > When you have your website open, if you view or refresh the "Submissions" > > > sub-tab (and that sub-tab auto-refreshes every 10 seconds), please keep > > in > > > mind that this executes a database read operation for at least 100 > > > completed form submissions. Depending upon the structure of your form, > > the > > > number of reads to accomplish this can be quite high: > > > > For a given form, on AppEngine, displaying a single completed form > > > submission costs a minimum of: > > > > ReadsPerCompletedSubmission = > > > (1 read + > > > (1+'n') reads per multiple-choice question (i.e., ) + > > > 3 x (number of image, audio, or video captures) + > > > RepeatGroupCost) > > > x > > > (1 + (number of image captures in main (non-repeat-group) portion of > > > form) ) > > > > Where 'n' is the average number of choices checked for that > > multiple-choice > > > question. > > > Repeat groups add the following to the total: > > > > RepeatGroupCost = > > > (2 read + > > > (1+'n') reads per multiple-choice question within the repeat group + > > > 3 x (number of image, audio, or video captures within the repeat > > group) ) > > > x > > > 'm' > > > > Where 'm' is the average number of repeats per submission for this repeat > > > group. > > > > So if you have a form with 6 multiple-choice questions, each averaging 3 > > > responses, plus > > > one 1 repeat group, itself with a single multiple-choice question > > averaging > > > 2 responses, and > > > the repeat group averages 4 completed groups per submission, and you also > > > have 2 audio > > > clips, 2 images, and 3 videos within the form (not the repeat group), > > then > > > the total costs are: > > > > (1 + 6 x (1+3) + 3 x (2 + 2 + 3) + 4 x (2 + 1 x (1+2)) ) > > > x > > > (1 + 2) > > > > yielding: > > > > 198 reads / submission. > > > > Anytime a submission is read, such as during publishing, this will be the > > > cost. > > > In particular, refreshing the 'Submissions' tab (which shows 100 > > records), > > > will then cost: > > > > 19,800 reads (.02 M reads) > > > > This only counts the reads needed to access the completed submission. > > > There are other read operations needed to track what forms are available, > > > what rights the user has for accessing the system, and what has or has > > not > > > been published to the external services. From 1.0.2 onward, those are > > all > > > heavily cached, but also add into the total. > > > > ------- > > > Mitch > > > > On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 10:35 AM, Asim Fayaz wrote: > > > > Any idea what's going on? I can post logs etc if you tell me what you > > > > want to see. > > > > > Happy New Year! > > > > > On Dec 31 2011, 4:02 pm, Asim Fayaz wrote: > > > > > Aggregate v1.0.2 > > > > > > On Dec 30, 9:55 pm, Yaw Anokwa wrote: > > > > > > > Asim, > > > > > > > What version of Aggregate you using? > > > > > > > Yaw > > > > > > > On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 08:49, Asim Fayaz wrote: > > > > > > > I'm having trouble understanding the two. > > > > > > > > I have four forms in aggregate. Submissions to all four are > > working > > > > > > > fine. I've set all four to publish both existing and new entries > > to > > > > > > > fusion tables. For some reason, it takes a long time for them to > > > > > > > publish. I just posted entries in 3 of them and all show fine in > > > > > > > Aggregate. The problem it seems is the upload-submission-queue. I > > > > > > > don't know what that is but there have been cases where purging > > the > > > > > > > queue has resulted in new entries showing up in the relevant > > fusion > > > > > > > tables. > > > > > > > > I'm also having trouble understanding read operations. The value > > > > > > > currently stands at 3.75 million operations in the last 9 hours. > > I > > > > > > > just refreshed again and now it's 3.77 million operations. And > > now > > > > > > > it's at 3.79 million. I know for sure that nobody else is using > > the > > > > > > > application right now. What's causing these read operations? > > I've set > > > > > > > my daily quota to $5.00 and read operations have already used > > $2.62. > > > > > > > > The remaining is spent on write operations and on backend > > instance > > > > > > > hours. Where are they used and how can I ensure that I'm not > > wasting > > > > > > > them? As of now, I'm at 0.89 million write operations and 17.24 > > > > > > > backend instance hours. > > > > > > > > Thanks in advance! > > > > > > > > Asim > > > > > > > > -- > > > > > > > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > > > > > > > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > > > > > > > Options:http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en > > > > > -- > > > > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > > > > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > > > > Options:http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en > > > > -- > > > Mitch Sundt > > > Software Engineer > > > University of Washington > > > mitchellsu...@gmail.com > > > -- > > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > > Options:http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en > > -- > Mitch Sundt > Software Engineer > University of Washington > mitchellsu...@gmail.com