Use geoshape for Polylines?

What is the problem? Please be detailed.
Hello everybody
I use a form that is divided into three parts.
It is used to record infrastructure for cyclists.

1. Part: All features of a route that can be captured at the beginning of a section (e.g., surface type, width of cycle infrastructure, and other information).
  2. Part: In a repeat loop the traffic nodes, barriers and other things are detected.
  3. Part: All features of a route that can be detected at the end of a section (for example surface damage)

Only in the 3rd part is it possible to enter the route in the map application.
Because of the repeat loop, geotrace is not possible.

Is it possible to use geoshape not for polygons, but for polylines.
This is possible in GeoODK-Collect. However, GeoODK is not updated as frequently as ODK-Collect.

My research on this (for example, if this feature is planned for the ODK team) unfortunately did not yield anything.

For a brief information in this regard, I would be very grateful to the members of this forum.

Best regards
Dominik

What ODK tool and version are you using? And on what device and operating system version?
current version, LG Stylus2, Samsung Galaxy Note4, Oneplus One

What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?

What you have you tried to fix the problem?

Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach here.

Good morning Dominik,

I do not use GeoODK since GeoWidget were integrated into ODKCollect.

But in fact actually it is not possible to begin a line at the beginning of a form, complete some question loop, and end the trace at the end of the form. In other word it is not possible to create a geotrace in the backgroud of the form edition.

While this is not possible, a workaround should be to collect your tracks with an external app, and with collect :

• start the form and collect route informations
    • loop into route sections
      a. create/calculate a starting point at the begining of a section
      b. collect section information
      c. create/calculate a ending point at the end of a section

At the end you will have some GIS stuff to do to associate collected data to the route collected with another app.
Some discussions are going on about the Geo widgets :slight_smile:

The possibility to collect a geotrace in the background of the form would be a great thing. In a lot of domains

1 Like

Hi @Dominik,
have you tried to use "geotrace" with or without the appearance of "placement-map"?

It should allow you to collect several GPS points, and the appearance offers a map.