am using that is conflicting?

Any help much appreciated

Jon

Hi Jon,
Could you attach the spreadsheet you are using or send it to me so I can
take a closer look at these issues?
Thanks,
-Nathan Breit

··· On Friday, June 8, 2012 4:49:31 AM UTC-7, Jon Parsons wrote: > > Hi > > I am using the "begin group" command to put multiple questions on a page > and it working ok. > > But having a few problems when this is used in conjunction with other > commands > > For example when using "add select one prompt" but with an appearance of > "minimal" on its own works fine, but when in a group on the same page as > anoth question, it will not render. > > I am also having a similar problem with "add select multiple prompt" with > the option of "or_other" as this works ok on its own but when in a group > it does not render an "other" page after the question. But if you go > backwards a page you can see that the "other" box is rendering between the > questions. > > Is there any way around this as both these feature would be usefull in a > grouped set of questions, is it the table-list orfield-list appearances i > am using that is conflicting? > > Any help much appreciated > > Jon > >

Hi

I am using the "begin group" command to put multiple questions on a page
and it working ok.

But having a few problems when this is used in conjunction with other
commands

For example when using "add select one prompt" but with an appearance of
"minimal" on its own works fine, but when in a group on the same page as
anoth question, it will not render.

I am also having a similar problem with "add select multiple prompt" with
the option of "or_other" as this works ok on its own but when in a group
it does not render an "other" page after the question. But if you go
backwards a page you can see that the "other" box is rendering between the
questions.

Is there any way around this as both these feature would be usefull in a
grouped set of questions, is it the table-list orfield-list appearances i

Jon

Hi

I am using the "begin group" command to put multiple questions on a page
and it working ok.

But having a few problems when this is used in conjunction with other
commands

For example when using "add select one prompt" but with an appearance of
"minimal" on its own works fine, but when in a group on the same page as
anoth question, it will not render.

I am also having a similar problem with "add select multiple prompt" with
the option of "or_other" as this works ok on its own but when in a group
it does not render an "other" page after the question. But if you go
backwards a page you can see that the "other" box is rendering between the
questions.

Is there any way around this as both these feature would be usefull in a
grouped set of questions, is it the table-list orfield-list appearances i

Jon

··· On Friday, 8 June 2012 12:49:31 UTC+1, Jon Parsons wrote: On Friday, 8 June 2012 12:49:31 UTC+1, Jon Parsons wrote:

Hi Nathan

Thanks for the offer of assistance

find link below to dropbox files in a public area

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/44226168/rotational-farming-draft-3.xls
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/44226168/rotational-farming-draft-3.xml

these are the final files for the form - not showing the errors - but if
you change the stlyes within these groups you will be able to re create

thanks

Jon

··· On Friday, 8 June 2012 18:31:08 UTC+1, Nathan wrote: > > Hi Jon, > Could you attach the spreadsheet you are using or send it to me so I can > take a closer look at these issues? > Thanks, > -Nathan Breit > > On Friday, June 8, 2012 4:49:31 AM UTC-7, Jon Parsons wrote: >> >> Hi >> >> I am using the "begin group" command to put multiple questions on a page >> and it working ok. >> >> But having a few problems when this is used in conjunction with other >> commands >> >> For example when using "add select one prompt" but with an appearance of >> "minimal" on its own works fine, but when in a group on the same page as >> anoth question, it will not render. >> >> I am also having a similar problem with "add select multiple prompt" with >> the option of "or_other" as this works ok on its own but when in a group >> it does not render an "other" page after the question. But if you go >> backwards a page you can see that the "other" box is rendering between the >> questions. >> >> Is there any way around this as both these feature would be usefull in a >> grouped set of questions, is it the table-list orfield-list appearances i >> am using that is conflicting? >> >> Any help much appreciated >> >> Jon >> >> On Friday, 8 June 2012 18:31:08 UTC+1, Nathan wrote: > > Hi Jon, > Could you attach the spreadsheet you are using or send it to me so I can > take a closer look at these issues? > Thanks, > -Nathan Breit > > On Friday, June 8, 2012 4:49:31 AM UTC-7, Jon Parsons wrote: >> >> Hi >> >> I am using the "begin group" command to put multiple questions on a page >> and it working ok. >> >> But having a few problems when this is used in conjunction with other >> commands >> >> For example when using "add select one prompt" but with an appearance of >> "minimal" on its own works fine, but when in a group on the same page as >> anoth question, it will not render. >> >> I am also having a similar problem with "add select multiple prompt" with >> the option of "or_other" as this works ok on its own but when in a group >> it does not render an "other" page after the question. But if you go >> backwards a page you can see that the "other" box is rendering between the >> questions. >> >> Is there any way around this as both these feature would be usefull in a >> grouped set of questions, is it the table-list orfield-list appearances i >> am using that is conflicting? >> >> Any help much appreciated >> >> Jon >> >>

Thanks Jon.
I'm unable to reproduce the bug involving a select one question with
appearance set to 'minimal' inside a group with a 'field-list' appearance.
It seems to work fine for me. It could be an issue with your phone, or
version of Collect if it is older than 1.1.7. Also, XLSForm does not check
the that the appearance field matches a known setting, so watch out for
spelling mistakes.
I think the or_other bug is caused by the 'specify other' question being
included in field-list. Since field-lists cannot dynamically change while
you are on the page, and 'specify other' is set to be relevant based on
another question on the page, the question will not show up until you leave
it and come back to it. For now I recommend creating your own 'other'
option for selects in field-lists, either by putting the 'specify other'
question after the field-list, or keeping it in the field list but making
it always relevant.
Regards,
-Nathan

··· On Monday, June 11, 2012 3:43:04 AM UTC-7, Jon Parsons wrote: > > Hi Nathan > > Thanks for the offer of assistance > > find link below to dropbox files in a public area > > http://dl.dropbox.com/u/44226168/rotational-farming-draft-3.xls > http://dl.dropbox.com/u/44226168/rotational-farming-draft-3.xml > > these are the final files for the form - not showing the errors - but if > you change the stlyes within these groups you will be able to re create > > thanks > > Jon > > On Friday, 8 June 2012 18:31:08 UTC+1, Nathan wrote: >> >> Hi Jon, >> Could you attach the spreadsheet you are using or send it to me so I can >> take a closer look at these issues? >> Thanks, >> -Nathan Breit >> >> On Friday, June 8, 2012 4:49:31 AM UTC-7, Jon Parsons wrote: >>> >>> Hi >>> >>> I am using the "begin group" command to put multiple questions on a page >>> and it working ok. >>> >>> But having a few problems when this is used in conjunction with other >>> commands >>> >>> For example when using "add select one prompt" but with an appearance of >>> "minimal" on its own works fine, but when in a group on the same page as >>> anoth question, it will not render. >>> >>> I am also having a similar problem with "add select multiple prompt" >>> with the option of "or_other" as this works ok on its own but when in a >>> group it does not render an "other" page after the question. But if you go >>> backwards a page you can see that the "other" box is rendering between the >>> questions. >>> >>> Is there any way around this as both these feature would be usefull in a >>> grouped set of questions, is it the table-list orfield-list appearances i >>> am using that is conflicting? >>> >>> Any help much appreciated >>> >>> Jon >>> >>> > On Friday, 8 June 2012 18:31:08 UTC+1, Nathan wrote: >> >> Hi Jon, >> Could you attach the spreadsheet you are using or send it to me so I can >> take a closer look at these issues? >> Thanks, >> -Nathan Breit >> >> On Friday, June 8, 2012 4:49:31 AM UTC-7, Jon Parsons wrote: >>> >>> Hi >>> >>> I am using the "begin group" command to put multiple questions on a page >>> and it working ok. >>> >>> But having a few problems when this is used in conjunction with other >>> commands >>> >>> For example when using "add select one prompt" but with an appearance of >>> "minimal" on its own works fine, but when in a group on the same page as >>> anoth question, it will not render. >>> >>> I am also having a similar problem with "add select multiple prompt" >>> with the option of "or_other" as this works ok on its own but when in a >>> group it does not render an "other" page after the question. But if you go >>> backwards a page you can see that the "other" box is rendering between the >>> questions. >>> >>> Is there any way around this as both these feature would be usefull in a >>> grouped set of questions, is it the table-list orfield-list appearances i >>> am using that is conflicting? >>> >>> Any help much appreciated >>> >>> Jon >>> >>>