Using a choice_filter

I've added a choice filter to my survey. When I tested it, it was working but all of my labels for all of my questions became blank. It was like the column "choice_filter" was like a toggle. When I add the "choice_filter" column, all labels become blank but as soon as a I remove it, all the labels reappear. Can someone explain the cause of this and how to fix it?

Thank you,
Ryan

Nevermind, I just got it...

In my label column, I was using "label::English" instead of "label". As soon as I changed it, the labels all reappeared. If I was using different languages in a survey, how would I use a choice_filter then? Would I need to put "choice_filter::English"?

Ryan

··· On Friday, March 3, 2017 at 12:56:11 PM UTC-8, Ryan Bendo wrote: > I've added a choice filter to my survey. When I tested it, it was working but all of my labels for all of my questions became blank. It was like the column "choice_filter" was like a toggle. When I add the "choice_filter" column, all labels become blank but as soon as a I remove it, all the labels reappear. Can someone explain the cause of this and how to fix it? > > Thank you, > Ryan

Hi Ryan,

Attached is a sample form with choice_filters and multiple languages.

choice_filter filters on the name/value so you never need a ::language
on it. You need those on labels though.

Yaw

select_one_external.xlsx (10.7 KB)

··· On Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 4:02 PM, wrote: > On Friday, March 3, 2017 at 12:56:11 PM UTC-8, Ryan Bendo wrote: >> I've added a choice filter to my survey. When I tested it, it was working but all of my labels for all of my questions became blank. It was like the column "choice_filter" was like a toggle. When I add the "choice_filter" column, all labels become blank but as soon as a I remove it, all the labels reappear. Can someone explain the cause of this and how to fix it? >> >> Thank you, >> Ryan > > Nevermind, I just got it... > > In my label column, I was using "label::English" instead of "label". As soon as I changed it, the labels all reappeared. If I was using different languages in a survey, how would I use a choice_filter then? Would I need to put "choice_filter::English"? > > Ryan > > -- > -- > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en > > --- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ODK Community" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.