Using ODK for several Enumerator

Hello,
Thank you all for your efforts in supporting users in this forum. I am a new user of ODK and would appreciate some guide/support. The form I am creating would be used by several Enumerators, using different device in an offline environment. The first Enumerator is suppose to complete first section of form, the second Enumerator is expected to copy incomplete form to his own device, and complete second section, and then the third Enumerator is suppose to copy incomplete form, and complete the third section of same form. Meaning first Enumerator must be able to save incomplete form, and open blank form to continue with new respondent, same goes for second and third Enumerator. they will continue to open new blank form and saving incomplete individual form, so next Enumerator can copy to his own device and continue. Is this easy to do in ODK build or XLSform?

My second question is to know how to build conditional question in form, I have checked for it, but yet to see it. Question that will appear based on selected options in previous question.

Thanks a lot.

Hi @Kareemuashiru

I think you need to create one, big form which would be started by Enumerator 1 than Enumerator 1 should share it with Enumerator 2 using our skunkworks-crow app. About the app:

skunkworks-crow is an Android application which is a companion app to ODK Collect and it helps different enumerators to share the filled and blanks forms with each other, it also helps organization’s supervisor in reviewing the forms before actually submitting to the server.

then Enumerator 2 would continue and also share the form with Enumerator 3.

My second question is to know how to build conditional question in form, I have checked for it, but yet to see it. Question that will appear based on selected options in previous question.

I recommend going through this doc https://xlsform.org/en/ especially Relevant and Skipping

2 Likes

Thanks a million @Grzesiek2010 , Really appreciate the information. Please i would like to know if this is a paid application/tool and the name in play storoe. Thanks

The app is free like every tool in our toolset but not released yet. I mean you can download it from github https://github.com/getodk/skunkworks-crow/releases but it's a pre-release version. I didn't work on it so I'm not up-to date so probably @LN or @Mickys0918 can tell more about the state of it.

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Problem with sending forms