Validate errors: dependency cycles amongst the xpath expressions

Hi @ocristo
the problem is in relevant column in lines 81 and 83
you can't use an answer from the current question in relevant ${anje05amamnome} = 2 because it doesn't exist yet.
What do you try to achieve? It's in repeat group so probably you want an answer from a previous repat group?

O problema que põe é que queria que quando respondesse essa questão Não=2 que saltasse as questões seguintes até anje09

[quote="ocristo, post:21, topic:14404"]
problema que se põe é que quando respondem nessa questão Não = 2 que saltasse as para anje09

I'm not sure if I understand but you can't use relevant ${anje05amamnome} = 2 where question name is anje05amamnome because ${anje05amamnome} = 2 refers to the current answer which is not given at the time you open the question.

queria calcular indice de massa corporal no xlsform

A post was split to a new topic: Problem with index repeat

Hello
I made a few changes in the choices sheet and in the relevant column of the survey sheet. Now this error comes in a form which worked perfectly fine before. I am sorry but i cant really post the excel sheet here due to reasons of the firm im working for.
My spellings are all correct. And I didn't understand what error @Grzesiek2010 pointed out in the previous answers. My file is quite big with a lot of groups and choices and it will be too tedious to check everything again. Any possible solution to this?

Found the solution: I had missed writing an "or" in the relevant column between two answer choices.

Hello, I have the same problem that I've failed to deploy my xlsform because of dependency cycles. But, unfortunately, I haven't found where's my mistake. Can anyone help me here? Thanks anyway!
Coba-export.xlsx (34.2 KB)

You have several errors around the place... eg

line 28 and 29 both have an ${b07a} id; all questions must have a unique name

line 28 ${b07a} has a relevance of ${b07a} >=5, which is self-referencing

line 41 ${b203} has a relevance of ${b203} = '3', which is self-referencing

Please make sure:

1. all questions have a unique name
  2. no question includes itself in its relevant expression

Thank you very much. I have repaired my xlsform based on your suggestions. But I still have the same problem here. Could you please help me again?Coba-export.xlsx (42.8 KB)

@Xiphware pointed out a few lines where you made a mistake but apparently there are more of them. Your form is pretty big (~550 lines) and now you know what causes the problem so you have to do that on your own (review other rows), you can't ask us to do that for you.

Error: b'ODK Validate Errors:\n>> Something broke the parser. See above for a hint.\nDependency cycles amongst the xpath expressions in relevant/calculate\n\nThe following files failed validation:\n${Nitunze_CashTransfer_PDM_Questionnaire}.xml\n\nResult: Invalid'

I have the above problem kindly help me

Hi @Adan
welcome to the forum! Please introduce yourself here!

Please go through this topic it's not a complex problem and you should fix it on your own, if not please attach your form so that we can take a look.

Damm even I am having a similar kind of issue, I have searched all over the internet and even have posted on number of threads on different forum, no solution seems to work. I am really frustrated, can anyone of you here help me resolve this issue, I am very much tired now.

Hi @miyabhai101
welcome to the forum! Please introduce yourself here!

you need to attach your form since it's a bug there we are not able to tell you what's wrong if we can't take a look at it.

Greetings to you all, I am also getting a similar error on my odk: Dependency cycles amongst the xpath expressions in relevant/calculate Questionniare_odk5NEW-trial.xlsx (12.0 KB)

Hello Emmaj 10,

I found the problem on your xls file. There was mistaken in the calculation. I had corrected it and highlighted in the excel file.

Hope its works for you. I had check the filed and now its working fine in here for in ODK collect.

And also you need to replace ${z1}='yes' by ${z1}='1'.

Please get attached of the file.

Regards,
Dinesh Dongol
Questionniare_odk5NEW-trial_dnes.xlsx (12.7 KB)

Hi team, I hope you are well; kindly support on this similar error am getting with my questionnaire. Your support will highly be appreciated.
Parents_quiz.xlsx (17.6 KB)
Thanks in advance
Chris

line 27:

name=q4a, relevant=selected(${q4a},'0')

its hard to only be 'relevant' to yourself... :grin:

I think you want relevant=selected(${q4},'0'), but you may also want to check the rest of your form for similar, um, D'ohs... :slight_smile: