Validate errors: dependency cycles amongst the xpath expressions

Thanks Dangol. I had it figured out, the dependency cycle was in relevant column Q16 A.

Questionnaire_for_geop.xlsx (20.9 KB)

experiencing the same problem, but still cant fix it. Gosh!! kindly help

line 32:
select_one yes_no Q19 19. R1.2.2 : Do you keep records of your business? selected(${Q19}, 'No')

line 39:
text Q23 26. If no, why did you not complete the training or learning a trade? selected(${Q23}, 'No')

line 60:
text Q39 39. Did it make a positive differences? selected(${Q39}, 'No')

line 61:
text Q40 40. Did it make a negative differences? selected(${Q40}, 'No')

Go thru all your questions that have a relevance expression, and make sure they dont refer to themself.

Great!
This has been very helpful

Cheers !!

Hi! I keep getting this msg:

Something broke the parser. See above for a hint.
Dependency cycles amongst the xpath expressions in relevant/calculate

The following files failed validation:
${papa}.xml

Please someone can help me pleasepapa.xlsx (25.6 KB)

line 10:

select_one acc_sondage acc_sondage accord sondage À lire à voix haute par le recenseur yes ${acc_sondage}=1

line 27:

select_one consentement consentement consentement ${consentement}=1

line 33:

select_one filiere filiere Comment avez-vous intégré votre filière? yes ${filiere}=4

(and probably a bunch of others...)

You have multiple cases where the relevant expression of a question is dependent on the question itself (!). Please go thru every relevant expression in your form and make sure the show/hide logic is correct; that is, the question must be dependent on something else, not itself.

1 Like

Kindly fix the problem on this file. I finding error when uploading it.

Regards,
Ador

Hi
Please anyone can help me this issue:

"ODK Validate Errors: >> Something broke the parser. See above for a hint. Dependency cycles amongst the xpath expressions in relevant/calculate Result: Invalid"

the file attached20201210_Care IYD Beneficiary_CG_JL.xls (162.5 KB)

line 183:

text | IYD_BNF_6_2_q11 | 6.2.11 If 'other', please specify 6.2.11 في حال اختيار "غير ذلك"، يرجى التحديد TRUE selected(${IYD_BNF_6_2_q11},'999')

line 188:

select_one rating IYD_BNF_6_3_q3 6.3.3 If yes, how would you rate how your complaint was handled? 6.3.3 إذا كانت الإجابة نعم، كيف تقيم طريقة معالجة شكواك؟ TRUE minimal ${IYD_BNF_6_3_q3} = '1111'

There may be others... Scan thru all your questions that have a relevant expression, and check that the condition does not include the same label as your question name. A question cannot be relevant on itself.

A post was split to a new topic: XPathUnsupportedException: XPath evaluation: unsupported construct [filter expression]