XLSForm Converter

Is the XLSForm converter server offline? It's been acting up for a few
days. I desperately need it to work, as our surveys rely heavily on
cascading selects, which formhub won't convert.

Any information on this ASAP would be much appreciated.

-Stuart

Hi Stuart,
The XLSForm converter is working for me. Where are you running into
problems? For instance, does the file chooser appear? If so, do you get
any response back after clicking submit?
If you're still having trouble getting it to work, could you send me the
form you are trying to convert and also tell me which browser/OS you are
using so I can attempt to reproduce the problem.
Regards,
-Nathan

··· On Thursday, November 22, 2012 5:39:41 AM UTC-8, Stuart Shirrell wrote: > > Is the XLSForm converter server offline? It's been acting up for a few > days. I desperately need it to work, as our surveys rely heavily on > cascading selects, which formhub won't convert. > > Any information on this ASAP would be much appreciated. > > -Stuart >

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for the quick reply.

The converter's working for me now, but I was having some issues with it on
Thursday evening India time. For the past few days, I've been trying to
make changes to some of our surveys around 5pm-8pm IST (6:30am-9:30am EST).
While the form submission page will load, I've either been getting a 500
server error whenever I try to post forms. The problem seems to resolve
later in the evening India time. Is the server offline for some specified
period of time?

My OS is OSX 10.7.4, and I'm running Chrome v23.

Thanks so much,
Stuart

··· On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 8:24 AM, Nathan wrote:

Hi Stuart,
Regards,
-Nathan

On Thursday, November 22, 2012 5:39:41 AM UTC-8, Stuart Shirrell wrote:

-Stuart

--
Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en

--
Stuart Shirrell
IDinsight | Data. Decisions. Development
India: +91 97-71-402293
US: +1 (817) 203-4022
www.IDinsight.org

Hi Stuart,
There shouldn't be any downtime, however the converter is running off a
single AWS micro-instance, so there's no fail over, and I have no idea how
well it deals with multiple concurrent users. I'm thinking about adding a
link to a backup instance or trying to create a downloadable exe
for occasions when the main XLSForm converter isn't available.
Regards,
-Nathan

··· On Thursday, November 22, 2012 8:03:04 PM UTC-8, Stuart Shirrell wrote: > > Hi Nathan, > > Thanks for the quick reply. > > The converter's working for me now, but I was having some issues with it > on Thursday evening India time. For the past few days, I've been trying to > make changes to some of our surveys around 5pm-8pm IST (6:30am-9:30am EST). > While the form submission page will load, I've either been getting a 500 > server error whenever I try to post forms. The problem seems to resolve > later in the evening India time. Is the server offline for some specified > period of time? > > My OS is OSX 10.7.4, and I'm running Chrome v23. > > Thanks so much, > Stuart > > On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 8:24 AM, Nathan <nab...@gmail.com >wrote: > >> Hi Stuart, >> The XLSForm converter is working for me. Where are you running into >> problems? For instance, does the file chooser appear? If so, do you get >> any response back after clicking submit? >> If you're still having trouble getting it to work, could you send me the >> form you are trying to convert and also tell me which browser/OS you are >> using so I can attempt to reproduce the problem. >> Regards, >> -Nathan >> >> >> On Thursday, November 22, 2012 5:39:41 AM UTC-8, Stuart Shirrell wrote: >>> >>> Is the XLSForm converter server offline? It's been acting up for a few >>> days. I desperately need it to work, as our surveys rely heavily on >>> cascading selects, which formhub won't convert. >>> >>> Any information on this ASAP would be much appreciated. >>> >>> -Stuart >>> >> -- >> Post: opend...@googlegroups.com >> Unsubscribe: opendatakit...@googlegroups.com >> Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >> > > > > -- > Stuart Shirrell > IDinsight | Data. Decisions. Development > India: +91 97-71-402293 > US: +1 (817) 203-4022 > www.IDinsight.org > >

I agree, an offline converter would be very helpful!

··· On Friday, November 23, 2012 11:17:17 PM UTC-5, Nathan wrote: > > Hi Stuart, > There shouldn't be any downtime, however the converter is running off a > single AWS micro-instance, so there's no fail over, and I have no idea how > well it deals with multiple concurrent users. I'm thinking about adding a > link to a backup instance or trying to create a downloadable exe > for occasions when the main XLSForm converter isn't available. > Regards, > -Nathan > > On Thursday, November 22, 2012 8:03:04 PM UTC-8, Stuart Shirrell wrote: >> >> Hi Nathan, >> >> Thanks for the quick reply. >> >> The converter's working for me now, but I was having some issues with it >> on Thursday evening India time. For the past few days, I've been trying to >> make changes to some of our surveys around 5pm-8pm IST (6:30am-9:30am EST). >> While the form submission page will load, I've either been getting a 500 >> server error whenever I try to post forms. The problem seems to resolve >> later in the evening India time. Is the server offline for some specified >> period of time? >> >> My OS is OSX 10.7.4, and I'm running Chrome v23. >> >> Thanks so much, >> Stuart >> >> On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 8:24 AM, Nathan wrote: >> >>> Hi Stuart, >>> The XLSForm converter is working for me. Where are you running into >>> problems? For instance, does the file chooser appear? If so, do you get >>> any response back after clicking submit? >>> If you're still having trouble getting it to work, could you send me the >>> form you are trying to convert and also tell me which browser/OS you are >>> using so I can attempt to reproduce the problem. >>> Regards, >>> -Nathan >>> >>> >>> On Thursday, November 22, 2012 5:39:41 AM UTC-8, Stuart Shirrell wrote: >>>> >>>> Is the XLSForm converter server offline? It's been acting up for a few >>>> days. I desperately need it to work, as our surveys rely heavily on >>>> cascading selects, which formhub won't convert. >>>> >>>> Any information on this ASAP would be much appreciated. >>>> >>>> -Stuart >>>> >>> -- >>> Post: opend...@googlegroups.com >>> Unsubscribe: opendatakit...@googlegroups.com >>> Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >>> >> >> >> >> -- >> Stuart Shirrell >> IDinsight | Data. Decisions. Development >> India: +91 97-71-402293 >> US: +1 (817) 203-4022 >> www.IDinsight.org >> >>

An offline version of XLSForm version would be immensely helpful for me, as
I'm often working in low-bandwidth environments and with relatively large
forms (our XML files are approximately 1MB, which takes a few minutes to
download, making working bugs out of the forms slow). Let me know if you
can do this, or if you just want to send the source code, I can probably
make it work myself.

Thanks,
Stuart

··· On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 9:47 AM, Nathan wrote:

Hi Stuart,
Regards,
-Nathan

On Thursday, November 22, 2012 8:03:04 PM UTC-8, Stuart Shirrell wrote:

Hi Nathan,

The converter's working for me now, but I was having some issues with it
on Thursday evening India time. For the past few days, I've been trying to
period of time?

Thanks so much,
Stuart

On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 8:24 AM, Nathan nab...@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Stuart,
Regards,
-Nathan

-Stuart

--
Unsubscribe: opendatakit...@**googlegroups.com
Options: http://groups.google.com/**group/opendatakit?hl=enhttp://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en

--
Stuart Shirrell
www.IDinsight.org

--

--
Stuart Shirrell
www.IDinsight.org

The source code is available here https://github.com/UW-ICTD/pyxform.
I'm hoping I can package the whole thing with py2exehttp://www.py2exe.org/ so
it isn't necessary to install python and xlrd.
Regards,
-Nathan

··· On Saturday, November 24, 2012 5:36:22 AM UTC-8, Stuart Shirrell wrote: > > An offline version of XLSForm version would be immensely helpful for me, > as I'm often working in low-bandwidth environments and with relatively > large forms (our XML files are approximately 1MB, which takes a few minutes > to download, making working bugs out of the forms slow). Let me know if > you can do this, or if you just want to send the source code, I can > probably make it work myself. > > Thanks, > Stuart > > On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 9:47 AM, Nathan <nab...@gmail.com >wrote: > >> Hi Stuart, >> There shouldn't be any downtime, however the converter is running off a >> single AWS micro-instance, so there's no fail over, and I have no idea how >> well it deals with multiple concurrent users. I'm thinking about adding a >> link to a backup instance or trying to create a downloadable exe >> for occasions when the main XLSForm converter isn't available. >> Regards, >> -Nathan >> >> On Thursday, November 22, 2012 8:03:04 PM UTC-8, Stuart Shirrell wrote: >> >>> Hi Nathan, >>> >>> Thanks for the quick reply. >>> >>> The converter's working for me now, but I was having some issues with it >>> on Thursday evening India time. For the past few days, I've been trying to >>> make changes to some of our surveys around 5pm-8pm IST (6:30am-9:30am EST). >>> While the form submission page will load, I've either been getting a 500 >>> server error whenever I try to post forms. The problem seems to resolve >>> later in the evening India time. Is the server offline for some specified >>> period of time? >>> >>> My OS is OSX 10.7.4, and I'm running Chrome v23. >>> >>> Thanks so much, >>> Stuart >>> >>> On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 8:24 AM, Nathan wrote: >>> >>>> Hi Stuart, >>>> The XLSForm converter is working for me. Where are you running into >>>> problems? For instance, does the file chooser appear? If so, do you get >>>> any response back after clicking submit? >>>> If you're still having trouble getting it to work, could you send me >>>> the form you are trying to convert and also tell me which browser/OS you >>>> are using so I can attempt to reproduce the problem. >>>> Regards, >>>> -Nathan >>>> >>>> >>>> On Thursday, November 22, 2012 5:39:41 AM UTC-8, Stuart Shirrell wrote: >>>>> >>>>> Is the XLSForm converter server offline? It's been acting up for a >>>>> few days. I desperately need it to work, as our surveys rely heavily on >>>>> cascading selects, which formhub won't convert. >>>>> >>>>> Any information on this ASAP would be much appreciated. >>>>> >>>>> -Stuart >>>>> >>>> -- >>>> Post: opend...@googlegroups.com >>>> Unsubscribe: opendatakit...@**googlegroups.com >>>> Options: http://groups.google.com/**group/opendatakit?hl=en >>>> >>> >>> >>> >>> -- >>> Stuart Shirrell >>> IDinsight | Data. Decisions. Development >>> India: +91 97-71-402293 >>> US: +1 (817) 203-4022 >>> www.IDinsight.org >>> >>> -- >> Post: opend...@googlegroups.com >> Unsubscribe: opendatakit...@googlegroups.com >> Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >> > > > > -- > Stuart Shirrell > IDinsight | Data. Decisions. Development > India: +91 97-71-402293 > US: +1 (817) 203-4022 > www.IDinsight.org > >

Thanks, Nathan. I've got XLSForm running offline now. No need to worry
about low bandwidth anymore!

-Stuart

··· On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 2:22 AM, Nathan wrote:

The source code is available here https://github.com/UW-ICTD/pyxform.
I'm hoping I can package the whole thing with py2exehttp://www.py2exe.org/ so
it isn't necessary to install python and xlrd.
Regards,
-Nathan

On Saturday, November 24, 2012 5:36:22 AM UTC-8, Stuart Shirrell wrote:

An offline version of XLSForm version would be immensely helpful for me,
as I'm often working in low-bandwidth environments and with relatively
large forms (our XML files are approximately 1MB, which takes a few minutes
to download, making working bugs out of the forms slow). Let me know if
you can do this, or if you just want to send the source code, I can
probably make it work myself.

Thanks,
Stuart

On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 9:47 AM, Nathan nab...@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Stuart,
Regards,
-Nathan

Hi Nathan,

The converter's working for me now, but I was having some issues with
it on Thursday evening India time. For the past few days, I've been trying
to make changes to some of our surveys around 5pm-8pm IST (6:30am-9:30am
EST). While the form submission page will load, I've either been getting a
500 server error whenever I try to post forms. The problem seems to
resolve later in the evening India time. Is the server offline for some
specified period of time?

Thanks so much,
Stuart

Hi Stuart,
If you're still having trouble getting it to work, could you send me
the form you are trying to convert and also tell me which browser/OS you
are using so I can attempt to reproduce the problem.
Regards,
-Nathan

Is the XLSForm converter server offline? It's been acting up for a
few days. I desperately need it to work, as our surveys rely heavily on

-Stuart

--
Unsubscribe: opendatakit...@**googlegroups.**com
Options: http://groups.google.com/**group**/opendatakit?hl=enhttp://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en

--
Stuart Shirrell
www.IDinsight.org

--
Unsubscribe: opendatakit...@**googlegroups.com
Options: http://groups.google.com/**group/opendatakit?hl=enhttp://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en

--
Stuart Shirrell
www.IDinsight.org

--

--
Stuart Shirrell
www.IDinsight.org

Would be great to have this functionality. any way we can get a how to to
also be able to use this facility?

··· On Sunday, 25 November 2012 07:47:09 UTC+2, Stuart Shirrell wrote: > > Thanks, Nathan. I've got XLSForm running offline now. No need to worry > about low bandwidth anymore! > > -Stuart > > On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 2:22 AM, Nathan <nab...@gmail.com >wrote: > >> The source code is available here . >> I'm hoping I can package the whole thing with py2exe so >> it isn't necessary to install python and xlrd. >> Regards, >> -Nathan >> >> >> On Saturday, November 24, 2012 5:36:22 AM UTC-8, Stuart Shirrell wrote: >> >>> An offline version of XLSForm version would be immensely helpful for me, >>> as I'm often working in low-bandwidth environments and with relatively >>> large forms (our XML files are approximately 1MB, which takes a few minutes >>> to download, making working bugs out of the forms slow). Let me know if >>> you can do this, or if you just want to send the source code, I can >>> probably make it work myself. >>> >>> Thanks, >>> Stuart >>> >>> >>> On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 9:47 AM, Nathan wrote: >>> >>>> Hi Stuart, >>>> There shouldn't be any downtime, however the converter is running off a >>>> single AWS micro-instance, so there's no fail over, and I have no idea how >>>> well it deals with multiple concurrent users. I'm thinking about adding a >>>> link to a backup instance or trying to create a downloadable exe >>>> for occasions when the main XLSForm converter isn't available. >>>> Regards, >>>> -Nathan >>>> >>>> On Thursday, November 22, 2012 8:03:04 PM UTC-8, Stuart Shirrell wrote: >>>> >>>>> Hi Nathan, >>>>> >>>>> Thanks for the quick reply. >>>>> >>>>> The converter's working for me now, but I was having some issues with >>>>> it on Thursday evening India time. For the past few days, I've been trying >>>>> to make changes to some of our surveys around 5pm-8pm IST (6:30am-9:30am >>>>> EST). While the form submission page will load, I've either been getting a >>>>> 500 server error whenever I try to post forms. The problem seems to >>>>> resolve later in the evening India time. Is the server offline for some >>>>> specified period of time? >>>>> >>>>> My OS is OSX 10.7.4, and I'm running Chrome v23. >>>>> >>>>> Thanks so much, >>>>> Stuart >>>>> >>>>> On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 8:24 AM, Nathan wrote: >>>>> >>>>>> Hi Stuart, >>>>>> The XLSForm converter is working for me. Where are you running into >>>>>> problems? For instance, does the file chooser appear? If so, do you get >>>>>> any response back after clicking submit? >>>>>> If you're still having trouble getting it to work, could you send me >>>>>> the form you are trying to convert and also tell me which browser/OS you >>>>>> are using so I can attempt to reproduce the problem. >>>>>> Regards, >>>>>> -Nathan >>>>>> >>>>>> >>>>>> On Thursday, November 22, 2012 5:39:41 AM UTC-8, Stuart Shirrell wrote: >>>>>>> >>>>>>> Is the XLSForm converter server offline? It's been acting up for a >>>>>>> few days. I desperately need it to work, as our surveys rely heavily on >>>>>>> cascading selects, which formhub won't convert. >>>>>>> >>>>>>> Any information on this ASAP would be much appreciated. >>>>>>> >>>>>>> -Stuart >>>>>>> >>>>>> -- >>>>>> Post: opend...@googlegroups.com >>>>>> Unsubscribe: opendatakit...@**googlegroups.**com >>>>>> Options: http://groups.google.com/**group**/opendatakit?hl=en >>>>>> >>>>> >>>>> >>>>> >>>>> -- >>>>> Stuart Shirrell >>>>> IDinsight | Data. Decisions. Development >>>>> India: +91 97-71-402293 >>>>> US: +1 (817) 203-4022 >>>>> www.IDinsight.org >>>>> >>>>> -- >>>> Post: opend...@googlegroups.com >>>> Unsubscribe: opendatakit...@**googlegroups.com >>>> Options: http://groups.google.com/**group/opendatakit?hl=en >>>> >>> >>> >>> >>> -- >>> Stuart Shirrell >>> IDinsight | Data. Decisions. Development >>> India: +91 97-71-402293 >>> US: +1 (817) 203-4022 >>> www.IDinsight.org >>> >>> -- >> Post: opend...@googlegroups.com >> Unsubscribe: opendatakit...@googlegroups.com >> Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >> > > > > -- > Stuart Shirrell > IDinsight | Data. Decisions. Development > India: +91 97-71-402293 > US: +1 (817) 203-4022 > www.IDinsight.org > >

Hey everyone,
I put together a windows executable for converting XLSForms locally.
For usage instructions and a download link see the readme here:
https://github.com/nathanathan/xlsform.exe/blob/master/README.md
I've only tested this on my own machine so far, so let me know if you run
into any problems.
Regards,
-Nathan

··· On Monday, November 26, 2012 1:57:35 AM UTC-8, Bashir Jahed wrote: > > Would be great to have this functionality. any way we can get a how to to > also be able to use this facility? > > On Sunday, 25 November 2012 07:47:09 UTC+2, Stuart Shirrell wrote: >> >> Thanks, Nathan. I've got XLSForm running offline now. No need to worry >> about low bandwidth anymore! >> >> -Stuart >> >> On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 2:22 AM, Nathan wrote: >> >>> The source code is available here . >>> I'm hoping I can package the whole thing with py2exe so >>> it isn't necessary to install python and xlrd. >>> Regards, >>> -Nathan >>> >>> >>> On Saturday, November 24, 2012 5:36:22 AM UTC-8, Stuart Shirrell wrote: >>> >>>> An offline version of XLSForm version would be immensely helpful for >>>> me, as I'm often working in low-bandwidth environments and with relatively >>>> large forms (our XML files are approximately 1MB, which takes a few minutes >>>> to download, making working bugs out of the forms slow). Let me know if >>>> you can do this, or if you just want to send the source code, I can >>>> probably make it work myself. >>>> >>>> Thanks, >>>> Stuart >>>> >>>> >>>> On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 9:47 AM, Nathan wrote: >>>> >>>>> Hi Stuart, >>>>> There shouldn't be any downtime, however the converter is running off >>>>> a single AWS micro-instance, so there's no fail over, and I have no idea >>>>> how well it deals with multiple concurrent users. I'm thinking about adding >>>>> a link to a backup instance or trying to create a downloadable exe >>>>> for occasions when the main XLSForm converter isn't available. >>>>> Regards, >>>>> -Nathan >>>>> >>>>> On Thursday, November 22, 2012 8:03:04 PM UTC-8, Stuart Shirrell wrote: >>>>> >>>>>> Hi Nathan, >>>>>> >>>>>> Thanks for the quick reply. >>>>>> >>>>>> The converter's working for me now, but I was having some issues with >>>>>> it on Thursday evening India time. For the past few days, I've been trying >>>>>> to make changes to some of our surveys around 5pm-8pm IST (6:30am-9:30am >>>>>> EST). While the form submission page will load, I've either been getting a >>>>>> 500 server error whenever I try to post forms. The problem seems to >>>>>> resolve later in the evening India time. Is the server offline for some >>>>>> specified period of time? >>>>>> >>>>>> My OS is OSX 10.7.4, and I'm running Chrome v23. >>>>>> >>>>>> Thanks so much, >>>>>> Stuart >>>>>> >>>>>> On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 8:24 AM, Nathan wrote: >>>>>> >>>>>>> Hi Stuart, >>>>>>> The XLSForm converter is working for me. Where are you running into >>>>>>> problems? For instance, does the file chooser appear? If so, do you get >>>>>>> any response back after clicking submit? >>>>>>> If you're still having trouble getting it to work, could you send me >>>>>>> the form you are trying to convert and also tell me which browser/OS you >>>>>>> are using so I can attempt to reproduce the problem. >>>>>>> Regards, >>>>>>> -Nathan >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> On Thursday, November 22, 2012 5:39:41 AM UTC-8, Stuart Shirrell wrote: >>>>>>>> >>>>>>>> Is the XLSForm converter server offline? It's been acting up for a >>>>>>>> few days. I desperately need it to work, as our surveys rely heavily on >>>>>>>> cascading selects, which formhub won't convert. >>>>>>>> >>>>>>>> Any information on this ASAP would be much appreciated. >>>>>>>> >>>>>>>> -Stuart >>>>>>>> >>>>>>> -- >>>>>>> Post: opend...@googlegroups.com >>>>>>> Unsubscribe: opendatakit...@**googlegroups.**com >>>>>>> Options: http://groups.google.com/**group**/opendatakit?hl=en >>>>>>> >>>>>> >>>>>> >>>>>> >>>>>> -- >>>>>> Stuart Shirrell >>>>>> IDinsight | Data. Decisions. Development >>>>>> India: +91 97-71-402293 >>>>>> US: +1 (817) 203-4022 >>>>>> www.IDinsight.org >>>>>> >>>>>> -- >>>>> Post: opend...@googlegroups.com >>>>> Unsubscribe: opendatakit...@**googlegroups.com >>>>> Options: http://groups.google.com/**group/opendatakit?hl=en >>>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> -- >>>> Stuart Shirrell >>>> IDinsight | Data. Decisions. Development >>>> India: +91 97-71-402293 >>>> US: +1 (817) 203-4022 >>>> www.IDinsight.org >>>> >>>> -- >>> Post: opend...@googlegroups.com >>> Unsubscribe: opendatakit...@googlegroups.com >>> Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >>> >> >> >> >> -- >> Stuart Shirrell >> IDinsight | Data. Decisions. Development >> India: +91 97-71-402293 >> US: +1 (817) 203-4022 >> www.IDinsight.org >> >>

Hey everyone,
For usage instructions and a download link see the readme here:https://github.com/nathanathan/xlsform.exe/blob/master/README.md
I've only tested this on my own machine so far, so let me know if you run into any problems.
Regards,
-Nathan

On Monday, November 26, 2012 1:57:35 AM UTC-8, Bashir Jahed wrote:Would be great to have this functionality. any way we can get a how to to also be able to use this facility?

On Sunday, 25 November 2012 07:47:09 UTC+2, Stuart Shirrell wrote:Thanks, Nathan. I've got XLSForm running offline now. No need to worry about low bandwidth anymore!

-Stuart

The source code is available here.
I'm hoping I can package the whole thing with py2exe so it isn't necessary to install python and xlrd.

Regards,
-Nathan

An offline version of XLSForm version would be immensely helpful for me, as I'm often working in low-bandwidth environments and with relatively large forms (our XML files are approximately 1MB, which takes a few minutes to download, making working bugs out of the forms slow). Let me know if you can do this, or if you just want to send the source code, I can probably make it work myself.

Thanks,
Stuart

Hi Stuart,

There shouldn't be any downtime, however the converter is running off a single AWS micro-instance, so there's no fail over, and I have no idea how well it deals with multiple concurrent users. I'm thinking about adding a link to a backup instance or trying to create a downloadable exe for occasions when the main XLSForm converter isn't available.

Regards,
-Nathan

Hi Nathan,

The converter's working for me now, but I was having some issues with it on Thursday evening India time. For the past few days, I've been trying to make changes to some of our surveys around 5pm-8pm IST (6:30am-9:30am EST). While the form submission page will load, I've either been getting a 500 server error whenever I try to post forms. The problem seems to resolve later in the evening India time. Is the server offline for some specified period of time?

Thanks so much,
Stuart

Hi Stuart,
The XLSForm converter is working for me. Where are you running into problems? For instance, does the file chooser appear? If so, do you get any response back after clicking submit?

If you're still having trouble getting it to work, could you send me the form you are trying to convert and also tell me which browser/OS you are using so I can attempt to reproduce the problem.
Regards,

-Nathan

Is the XLSForm converter server offline? It's been acting up for a few days. I desperately need it to work, as our surveys rely heavily on cascading selects, which formhub won't convert.

-Stuart

--

Unsubscribe: opendatakit...@googlegroups.com

--
Stuart Shirrell

www.IDinsight.org

--

--
Stuart Shirrell
www.IDinsight.org

--

--
Stuart Shirrell
www.IDinsight.org

Any plans in the works for a linux offline converter? I can't get the .exe to work in ubuntu on WINE...

··· On Wednesday, November 28, 2012 3:39:12 AM UTC+3, Nathan wrote: > On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 2:22 AM, Nathan wrote: > On Saturday, November 24, 2012 5:36:22 AM UTC-8, Stuart Shirrell wrote: > On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 9:47 AM, Nathan wrote: > On Thursday, November 22, 2012 8:03:04 PM UTC-8, Stuart Shirrell wrote: > On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 8:24 AM, Nathan wrote: > On Thursday, November 22, 2012 5:39:41 AM UTC-8, Stuart Shirrell wrote:

No.

But if you want to figure out how to package it up to run in Linux as a
simple executable, we might accept the code contributions back into the
project (depends upon how automated the build process is for this, and
whether it works across all Linux systems, not just Ubuntu; there might
need to be a 64-bit version builder, too).

··· On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 6:24 AM, wrote:

On Wednesday, November 28, 2012 3:39:12 AM UTC+3, Nathan wrote:

Hey everyone,
For usage instructions and a download link see the readme here:
https://github.com/nathanathan/xlsform.exe/blob/master/README.md
I've only tested this on my own machine so far, so let me know if you
run into any problems.
Regards,
-Nathan

On Monday, November 26, 2012 1:57:35 AM UTC-8, Bashir Jahed wrote:Would
be great to have this functionality. any way we can get a how to to also be
able to use this facility?

On Sunday, 25 November 2012 07:47:09 UTC+2, Stuart Shirrell
wrote:Thanks, Nathan. I've got XLSForm running offline now. No need to
worry about low bandwidth anymore!

-Stuart

On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 2:22 AM, Nathan nab...@gmail.com wrote:

I'm hoping I can package the whole thing with py2exe so it
isn't necessary to install python and xlrd.

Regards,
-Nathan

as I'm often working in low-bandwidth environments and with relatively
large forms (our XML files are approximately 1MB, which takes a few minutes
to download, making working bugs out of the forms slow). Let me know if
you can do this, or if you just want to send the source code, I can
probably make it work myself.

Thanks,
Stuart

Hi Stuart,

link to a backup instance or trying to create a downloadable
exe for occasions when the main XLSForm converter isn't available.

Regards,
-Nathan

Hi Nathan,

period of time?

Thanks so much,
Stuart

Hi Stuart,

Regards,

-Nathan

-Stuart

--

--
Stuart Shirrell

www.IDinsight.org

--

--
Stuart Shirrell
www.IDinsight.org

--

--
Stuart Shirrell
www.IDinsight.org

Any plans in the works for a linux offline converter? I can't get the
.exe to work in ubuntu on WINE...

--

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"ODK Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
Mitch Sundt
Software Engineer
University of Washington
mitchellsundt@gmail.com

Andrew,

You can also do a manual install using pip and run it from the
command line.

Installation instructions at https://github.com/uw-ictd/pyxform.

Yaw

··· -- Need ODK services? http://nafundi.com provides form design, server setup, professional support, and software development for ODK.

On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 9:50 AM, Mitch Sundt mitchellsundt@gmail.com wrote:

No.

But if you want to figure out how to package it up to run in Linux as a
simple executable, we might accept the code contributions back into the
project (depends upon how automated the build process is for this, and
whether it works across all Linux systems, not just Ubuntu; there might need
to be a 64-bit version builder, too).

On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 6:24 AM, andrewcd@gmail.com wrote:

On Wednesday, November 28, 2012 3:39:12 AM UTC+3, Nathan wrote:

Hey everyone,
For usage instructions and a download link see the readme
here:https://github.com/nathanathan/xlsform.exe/blob/master/README.md
I've only tested this on my own machine so far, so let me know if you
run into any problems.
Regards,
-Nathan

On Monday, November 26, 2012 1:57:35 AM UTC-8, Bashir Jahed wrote:Would
be great to have this functionality. any way we can get a how to to also be
able to use this facility?

On Sunday, 25 November 2012 07:47:09 UTC+2, Stuart Shirrell
wrote:Thanks, Nathan. I've got XLSForm running offline now. No need to
worry about low bandwidth anymore!

-Stuart

On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 2:22 AM, Nathan nab...@gmail.com wrote:

I'm hoping I can package the whole thing with py2exe so it isn't
necessary to install python and xlrd.

Regards,
-Nathan

as I'm often working in low-bandwidth environments and with relatively large
forms (our XML files are approximately 1MB, which takes a few minutes to
download, making working bugs out of the forms slow). Let me know if you
can do this, or if you just want to send the source code, I can probably
make it work myself.

Thanks,
Stuart

Hi Stuart,

link to a backup instance or trying to create a downloadable exe for
occasions when the main XLSForm converter isn't available.

Regards,
-Nathan

Hi Nathan,

period of time?

Thanks so much,
Stuart

Hi Stuart,
problems? For instance, does the file chooser appear? If so, do you get any
response back after clicking submit?

Regards,

-Nathan

-Stuart

--

--
Stuart Shirrell

www.IDinsight.org

--

--
Stuart Shirrell
www.IDinsight.org

--

--
Stuart Shirrell
www.IDinsight.org

Any plans in the works for a linux offline converter? I can't get the
.exe to work in ubuntu on WINE...

--

"ODK Community" group.

--
Mitch Sundt
Software Engineer
University of Washington
mitchellsundt@gmail.com

--

"ODK Community" group.