(1) Multiple roster constraints, and (2) limiting select_one based on select_multiple

Hi everyone,
Looking for some quick advice on the following:

(1) I have multiple rosters in a form, ie multiple repeat groups. I need to
connect later rosters with earlier rosters. I've successfully done so using
the indexed-repeat() function, to call in household member names from the
very first roster. However, within this new roster, I need to constrain
some questions based on the age from the first roster. I tried the same
approach as with the name, meaning that I used an indexed-repeat()
calculation to grab the household member's age from the first roster, and
then tried to write a constraint in the new roster that says
(${agefromearlier}<'6'), but the constraint doesn't seem to be working.
That is, it loops through household members but doesn't exclude those that
are above 6 years old.

(1b) Likewise, I want to limit the times it loops through to the total
number of people under the age of 6 in the household. Since that is TBD for
each survey, is there any way to calculate a count for # individuals under
6 after the first roster is complete? So, not a repeat-count for the total
number of iterations from a previous roster, but the total number of kids
under 6.

(2) I have two questions: The first is a multiple select (all possible
water sources). The next one needs to be the main source, select_one, and
ONLY the choices selected from the first question should show up. What's
the approach for this?

Thanks!
Danae

Hi Danae,

I have a partial response to your 2nd question. See attached form. This is
set up so Q2 only displays those not selected in Q1. I played with it,
thinking it would be easy to switch it to display only those selected in
Q1 (by changing "!=" to "=" in the choice filter column, but this was
unsuccessful. I'm hoping someone can identify why. Sorry to only provide a
1/2 response.

~lb

test.xlsx (13.6 KB)

··· On Wednesday, August 12, 2015 at 4:46:16 PM UTC-4, Danae Roumis wrote: > > Hi everyone, > Looking for some quick advice on the following: > > (1) I have multiple rosters in a form, ie multiple repeat groups. I need > to connect later rosters with earlier rosters. I've successfully done so > using the indexed-repeat() function, to call in household member names from > the very first roster. However, within this new roster, I need to constrain > some questions based on the age from the first roster. I tried the same > approach as with the name, meaning that I used an indexed-repeat() > calculation to grab the household member's age from the first roster, and > then tried to write a constraint in the new roster that says > (${agefromearlier}<'6'), but the constraint doesn't seem to be working. > That is, it loops through household members but doesn't exclude those that > are above 6 years old. > > (1b) Likewise, I want to limit the times it loops through to the total > number of people under the age of 6 in the household. Since that is TBD for > each survey, is there any way to calculate a count for # individuals under > 6 after the first roster is complete? So, not a repeat-count for the total > number of iterations from a previous roster, but the total number of kids > under 6. > > (2) I have two questions: The first is a multiple select (all possible > water sources). The next one needs to be the main source, select_one, and > ONLY the choices selected from the first question should show up. What's > the approach for this? > > Thanks! > Danae >

Hi Lloyd, thank you for your proposal, it helped me a lot. Regarding your concern, I tried a little trick that worked. Indeed, I retouched your command so as to display only the elements selected at the level of the first select_multiple, the idea is to replace in your command of choice-filter the "AND" by "OR" and " ! = "in" = ". You will see the changes in your excel file.test.xlsx (14.2 KB)

1 Like