Ability to view existing geopoints without changing them

I'm not sure if this feature exists already, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

1. What is the general goal of the feature?
At the moment, if there is a geopoint in an existing instance, you get an option to 'View or Change Location'. However, it would be useful to have a feature that only presents a 'View Geopoint' option. The goal would be to allow the user to see where they are on the map and direct themselves towards the geopoint. Alternatively, a 'View with Proximity' feature would be very useful too. If there could be a screen output showing the user their distance to the geopoint, that would be even better.

2. What are some example use cases for this feature?
If someone deploys a monitoring device in a rural location, they can use this feature to locate the device for retrieval (I'm aware they can do this with the existing 'View or Change', but having a view-only option would ensure data does not get overwritten when the upload the form).

What you describe is the intended behavior when a geo question with a map display is read-only. I know @Saumia added tests around that behavior recently and I can't remember whether the behavior had to be rectified. If it doesn't work in v1.28, do verify it in the v1.29 beta when it is available (in a few hours).