1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
I have a form with repeat group and need to record the time that each repeat has been completed. I tried using the 'end' field type but this appears only to record the time that the form is saved / finalised. This means that my data has a metadata field where the same value is repeated, when I would like it to have the actual time for each record (repeated- group) within the same form.
2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.
ODK Collect / XLSForm
3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?
Read the manuals! Read the manuals again. The metadata questions don't include anything for repeats, and the widgets are based around entering data (I am looking for an automated field - i.e. metadata)
4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?
Create a repeat group with an 'end' field type, fill in some repeats, save and hey presto, you have a single value in multiple records.
5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.
Maybe this should be a development request, but I wanted to check I'm not doing more stupid things before asking! Never good to ask for something that is already available