I'd like to update the Export user interface to allow the selection of multiple forms, each one with a separate export directory, export type, private key, etc.
This is an important feature because some implementers (hi @noel ) have campaigns that need the flexibility to put different exports in different folders (just like the CLI supports) with different permissions, but they need to do it without requiring the complexities of writing a batch/shell script.
The changes I'm proposing are:
- Update Export interface to mirror the Pull/Push interface.
- Allow users to select some or all forms and then export the selection with a single button press (similar to Pull/Push)
- Interface will have a list of Forms to Export with column headers for Selected, Form Name, and Configure
- Interface will have other useful column headers (e.g., Last Exported Date, Details) from community feedback
- Configure will allow user to select export directory, private key, and start/end date (similar to the current Export tab) for the specific form
- Configure will allow user to enable pull before exporting and tries to use persisted pull credentials
- Update application so all parameters are persisted between applications launches
- Sensitive parameters (e.g., passwords) will have a checkbox to save
I'll do all the things to get it to ship in Briefcase, but I'd love feedback from Briefcase users if what I'm proposing sounds reasonable.