Adding images taking away text from forms

1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
Hello, I am one of more recent users of ODK. I just learnt creating forms off XLS files and now learning how to add images. My issue is that I was able to successfully create a Non Media form. Today when I tried to add an image to the same file of other copies and attempts, only the picture shows up in the form on the phone and all the text is gone. When I take the image out, the text are back. How do I get around this?

2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.
I am using the aggregate to upload the xml forms and the ODK collect app to access the forms on the phone

3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?
I have tried to make multiple versions of the files, reduced the questions, made copies, not really sure how can i add the image without the texts going away.

4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?

5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.
How do I add screenshots here?

Hi,

See the attached example. Hope this helps. exp.xlsx (9.8 KB)

Welcome to the ODK forum, @Prasanna_Sundaram! We're glad you're here. When you get a chance, please Introduce yourself here!. I'd also encourage you to add a real picture as your avatar because it helps build community!

Thanks,
Imran

3 Likes

@Prasanna_Sundaram And if you want specific feedback on your form, drag and drop the XLSForm into the text box where you write your response and it'll attach it.

2 Likes

Thank you Imran. I will add my real picture and I will introduce myself, sorry I missed the basics :). thanks so much for walking me to the introduction page and the kind reminders. I will do so immediately.

Thanks so much !

1 Like

Yanokwa - Oh, great.... Thanks so much... I will follow this up with the images of the ODK form and the xls files both. :slight_smile:

Image-Text-Test.xlsx (9.4 KB)
Test-File-3.xlsx (18.7 KB)

Samples on things I have been trying.

One other question I have is, how do we create response options with horizontal tables like this?

@imran, thank you, I just saw the attachment you had in your response. My issue is that when I add an image to the form, all the other texts completely go missing. The input options remain but the text go missing completely.

Here is the form (xls version) https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1af_Sl8A_L8_EULbhRLHVl8OclCfco09Hq2tqb9CslwQ/edit?usp=sharing so you can check it.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot!! helps heaps. got me curious now, what are those OSM sheets for?

Any help or support on this will be really appreciated.

It is possible to use OpenMapKit and Open Data Kit to survey OpenStreetMap features and add/edit attribute tags in a structured manner. Some more details can be found at http://posm.io/docs/omk/intro/

1 Like

For more details on your image issue. I think it has to do with your form having a language defined for only some of the column headers that can take a language definition. It seems to be an all or none thing.
If you have label::English you also need to have media::image::English.

See Labels disappearing when using media files - #3 by Stuart_GALVMED

2 Likes

Thanks a lot, this helps heaps!! :).

3 posts were split to a new topic: Instance name