1. What is the general goal of the feature?
Provide ODK Central administrator with a view of the latest connection log for each web user, e.g. this information could be displayed in the User Settings panel. I currently have to ask them directly whether they were able to connect or not (especially for their first connection and resetting the account if they did not connect within the first 24 hours, so that another invitation email can be sent).
A nice add-on would be to have a view of users' last activity, e.g. "downloaded submissions from form XX in project 14", "created form XX in project 7". You can see who has published forms or created app users, but you have to navigate between projects to see this information.
2. What are some example use cases for this feature?
As ODK Central admin, I have created a new web user. A few days later, I check the User Settings panel and see that the value displayed in the
latest connection column for this user is:
- "Never connected" => I can reset the account to send another automated email to the user and reach out directly to investigate why they were not able to connect in the first place (e.g., email flagged as spam, other issue)
- a date of connection => I do not need to take any action
As ODK Central admin, I would like to identify users who may need a refresher training on the use of the web interface, I look at the
latest connection column on ODK Central and contact those who have not connected for a long time.
3. What can you contribute to making this feature a reality?
I could discuss the specs of this feature further, test out any versions of this feature developed, and provide feedback. Depending on the coding effort and my workload, I could also contribute to some extent to some of the coding.