Aggregate 1.4.15 not uploading to appengine

What is the problem? Please be detailed.
I've installed ODK aggregate 1.4.15 and received the token. However, when I try to upload to app-engine I receive the error

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: MALFORMED
Unable to update app: MALFORMED

This happens following the creation of the staging directory. I've pasted the log file below

What ODK tool and version are you using? And on what device and operating system version?
Aggregate 1.4.15 on Windows 8.1 uploading to GAE

What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?
... try uploading aggregate from my computer?

What you have you tried to fix the problem?
I've tried:
Logging out of google and opening the token link in a private browsing window
Allowing unsecure apps on G-suite
Using a different internet connection (for possible firewall problems)
Setting up a new GAE project and reinstalling Aggregate on my local machine with the new project's attributes
Disabling firewall and antivirus

Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach here.
Here's the log:

Unable to update:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: MALFORMED
	at java.util.zip.ZipCoder.toString(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.zip.ZipInputStream.readLOC(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.zip.ZipInputStream.getNextEntry(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.jar.JarInputStream.getNextEntry(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.jar.JarInputStream.getNextJarEntry(Unknown Source)
	at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.Application.checkJavaJarVersion(Application.java:1536)
	at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.Application.checkJavaVersion(Application.java:1513)
	at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.Application.copyOrLinkFile(Application.java:1438)
	at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.Application.copyOrLink(Application.java:1417)
	at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.Application.copyOrLink(Application.java:1406)
	at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.Application.copyOrLink(Application.java:1404)
	at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.Application.populateStagingDirectory(Application.java:884)
	at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.Application.createStagingDirectory(Application.java:776)
	at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.AppAdminImpl.doUpdate(AppAdminImpl.java:578)
	at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.AppAdminImpl.update(AppAdminImpl.java:65)
	at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.AppCfg$UpdateAction.execute(AppCfg.java:1526)
	at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.AppCfg.executeAction(AppCfg.java:393)
	at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.AppCfg.<init>(AppCfg.java:216)
	at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.AppCfg.<init>(AppCfg.java:116)
	at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.AppCfg.main(AppCfg.java:112)
com.google.appengine.tools.admin.AdminException: Unable to update app: MALFORMED
	at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.AppAdminImpl.doUpdate(AppAdminImpl.java:586)
	at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.AppAdminImpl.update(AppAdminImpl.java:65)
	at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.AppCfg$UpdateAction.execute(AppCfg.java:1526)
	at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.AppCfg.executeAction(AppCfg.java:393)
	at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.AppCfg.<init>(AppCfg.java:216)
	at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.AppCfg.<init>(AppCfg.java:116)
	at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.AppCfg.main(AppCfg.java:112)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: MALFORMED
	at java.util.zip.ZipCoder.toString(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.zip.ZipInputStream.readLOC(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.zip.ZipInputStream.getNextEntry(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.jar.JarInputStream.getNextEntry(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.jar.JarInputStream.getNextJarEntry(Unknown Source)
	at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.Application.checkJavaJarVersion(Application.java:1536)
	at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.Application.checkJavaVersion(Application.java:1513)
	at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.Application.copyOrLinkFile(Application.java:1438)
	at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.Application.copyOrLink(Application.java:1417)
	at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.Application.copyOrLink(Application.java:1406)
	at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.Application.copyOrLink(Application.java:1404)
	at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.Application.populateStagingDirectory(Application.java:884)
	at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.Application.createStagingDirectory(Application.java:776)
	at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.AppAdminImpl.doUpdate(AppAdminImpl.java:578)
	... 6 more

There seems to be some sort of corruption of the Aggregate installer's output related to your machine. Some quick things to try.

1. Reboot. Probably won't help, but sometimes it does!
  2. After the license agreement screen, the Aggregate installer requires you to select an output parent directory. Create a new folder on your desktop and try installing there.
  3. If that fails, try the ODK Aggregate installer on another computer and see if it works better.

Thanks Yaw, I've got a little further. I cleaned out my registry, upgraded to jdk 8 144 and rebooted. Now the installer is working and I can upload to Google cloud. However, when I try to access the app (myapp.appspot.com) I'm met with a notice stating I may have exceeded my daily quota.

I haven't. I've enabled billing and don't run into any quota problems with other aggregate installs being actively used.

Checking the app engine logs an error is thrown every time myapp.appspot.com tries to redirect. The log for that is:

org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: IOException parsing XML document from class path resource [odk-settings.xml]; nested exception is java.io.FileNotFoundException: class path resource [odk-settings.xml] cannot be opened because it does not exist

at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions (XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:344)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions (XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:304)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions (AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:181)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions (AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:217)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions (AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:188)
    at org.springframework.web.context.support.XmlWebApplicationContext.loadBeanDefinitions (XmlWebApplicationContext.java:125)
    at org.springframework.web.context.support.XmlWebApplicationContext.loadBeanDefinitions (XmlWebApplicationContext.java:94)
    at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.refreshBeanFactory (AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.java:129)
    at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.obtainFreshBeanFactory (AbstractApplicationContext.java:613)
    at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh (AbstractApplicationContext.java:514)

Glad you are making progress, Oliver! At this stage, I'd wait 24 hours to make sure the billing has taken hold. As to the file not found, this is a guess, but since this is a fresh install, try re-doing the install again and see if that helps.

Thanks Yaw, billing has been set up for months. I ran into the quota problem with another install and therefore set it up. I've tried reinstalling and reuploading (twice) and once with 1.4.14 just to see if that would help.

I've also tried a new appengine project and repeated the above. Same result.

I'll try a different machine later to see if it helps.

Tried a new machine Yaw and it's all working now. I wonder what it is on my usual machine that's fouling things up so much?

Well, it's good to narrow the problem down to your machine. One thing you could try is setup a new user profile on that machine and see if the problem follows that user profile...

Thanks ever so much Yaw. I'll give it a try.