value but it does not actually allow filtering by value which means
that if the user goes back to view the result and forward again, he or
she loses the input.

Could this be a bug?
Cheers
Rok

it is a bug. it's been filed at
http://code.google.com/p/opendatakit/issues/detail?id=307

ยทยทยท On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 05:27, rok wrote: > Hi, > > I am testing the autocomplete widget and don't understand one > behaviour. > > Let's say i have a list like this (key/value pairs or in ODK > terminology value/label pairs) > > value='12345', label='first item' > value='12346', label='second item' > > Now. let's say I am entering items and I start keying in 'first' which > offers me only one option (first item) that I select. Then, I move to > the next screen and move right back (let's say i want to modify > something). In the original screen where I entered the first item I > now see '12345' and not 'first item' as the app initially inserted > when selecting the filtered item. The final problem actually happens > after swiping forward from this screen since the app tells me > "Warning: 12345 does not match any answers. No answer recorded." and > clears the input box. > > It seems that the autocomplete widget replaces the label with the > value but it does not actually allow filtering by value which means > that if the user goes back to view the result and forward again, he or > she loses the input. > > Could this be a bug? > Cheers > Rok > > -- > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >