Automatically capture geopoint in background

Good morning companions,

I am designing a form in ODK and I would like to know if it is possible that geolocation works as metadata.
Thank you very much, greetings

Buenos días compañeros,

Estoy diseñando un formulario en ODK y me gustaría saber si es posible que la geolocalizacion funcione como metadato.
Muchas gracias, saludos
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
I am designing a form in ODK and I would like to know if it is possible that geolocation works as a metadata.
Thank you very much, greetings

Hi @jonnathanCh

No, it's not possible. As I understand you want to record location in the background? Unfortunately as I said you can't do that.

Regards,
Grzegorz

1 Like

Hola Grzesiek2010, muchas gracias por tu respuesta, lo que me gustaria es que la geolocalizacion se pueda ingresar como un metadato, y no tener que crear una pregunta.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Hello Grzesiek2010, thank you very much for your answer, what I would like is that the geolocation can be entered as a metadata, and not have to create a question.

You can create a topic https://forum.getodk.org/c/features and describe how you want to use it, why it's important etc. Maybe it's something we can add in the future.

The feature is described at Auto-gps implementation on ODK Collect! Please vote and comment there.