Bearing widget causes form not to upload to Aggregate running on App Engine

I'm running ODK Aggregate 1.4.6 on Google App Engine and ODK Collect 1.4.7
on my XPERIA Z3. I'm trying out the Bearing widget in a form. However, when
I try to send the finalised form to the server I get an error message from
ODK Collect. The error is "Internal server error (500)".

In XLSForms the prompt is defined:
TYPE: decimal, NAME: Bearing, APPERANCE: bearing. This is causing an error!
If i delete the value in the APPERANCE column, I can send the form without
any errors.

The log in App Engine will show:
org.opendatakit.aggregate.servlet.SubmissionServlet doPost: Unexpected
exception: null
when I'm using the Bearing widget.

Anyone got any ideas how to resolve this?

Sid,

Appearance shouldn't cause change in behavior on Aggregate. I just
tested with Collect 1.4.7 and Aggregate 1.4.5 and it worked great with
the attached form and submission.

Yaw

bearing.xlsx (10.4 KB)

bearing.xml (828 Bytes)

bearing_2015-11-02_10-22-00.xml (159 Bytes)

··· -- Need ODK consultants? https://nafundi.com provides form design, server setup, in-field training, and software development for ODK.

On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 3:20 AM, Sid Patel 4sidpatel@gmail.com wrote:

I'm running ODK Aggregate 1.4.6 on Google App Engine and ODK Collect 1.4.7
on my XPERIA Z3. I'm trying out the Bearing widget in a form. However, when
I try to send the finalised form to the server I get an error message from

TYPE: decimal, NAME: Bearing, APPERANCE: bearing. This is causing an error!
If i delete the value in the APPERANCE column, I can send the form without
any errors.

--

Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"ODK Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Hi Yaw,

Thanks for your answer. Unfortunately I'm getting the same problems when
using your XLSForm/Xform. When I delete the 'bearing'-value in the
APPERANCE-column, submission works as it should.

Since last post I have upgraded ODK Aggregate to version 1.4.7, but this
doesn't help, still same problem. I've enclosed my AppEngine logs for
Aggregate. When I upload a form I get warnings, and when I submit the same
form I get errors. See the attached file.

Form upload warnings:

W 19:21:18.623 org.opendatakit.aggregate.form.FormDefinition getSubmissionAssociation: No sa record matching this formId bearing
W 19:21:18.623 org.opendatakit.aggregate.form.FormDefinition getFormDefinition: No complete persistence model for sa record matching this formId bearing
W 19:21:19.278 org.opendatakit.aggregate.form.FormDefinition getSubmissionAssociation: No sa record matching this formId bearing
W 19:21:19.278 org.opendatakit.aggregate.form.FormDefinition getFormDefinition: No complete persistence model for sa record matching this formId bearing

Form submission error (last row):

I 19:22:36.193 org.opendatakit.aggregate.form.FormFactory internalGetForms: FormCache: fetching new list of Forms
I 19:22:36.269 org.opendatakit.aggregate.util.BackendActionsTable logValues: incoming- last Fetch:             -23133 [S:             -22964 Eq:             -23133 Fs:             -33645] futureMillis:             876867
I 19:22:36.292 org.opendatakit.aggregate.util.BackendActionsTable logValues: -fetched- last Fetch:                  0 [S:             -22964 Eq:             -23133 Fs:             -33645] futureMillis:                 -1
I 19:22:36.396 org.opendatakit.aggregate.util.BackendActionsTable logValues: Fs-update last Fetch:                  0 [S:             -22964 Eq:             -23133 Fs:             876867] futureMillis:             876867 requested:             876867
E 19:22:36.415 org.opendatakit.aggregate.servlet.SubmissionServlet doPost: Unexpected exception: null

Sid

Den måndag 2 november 2015 kl. 04:29:49 UTC+1 skrev Yaw Anokwa:

··· > > Sid, > > Appearance shouldn't cause change in behavior on Aggregate. I just > tested with Collect 1.4.7 and Aggregate 1.4.5 and it worked great with > the attached form and submission. > > Yaw > -- > Need ODK consultants? https://nafundi.com provides form design, server > setup, in-field training, and software development for ODK. > > On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 3:20 AM, Sid Patel <4sid...@gmail.com > wrote: > > I'm running ODK Aggregate 1.4.6 on Google App Engine and ODK Collect > 1.4.7 > > on my XPERIA Z3. I'm trying out the Bearing widget in a form. However, > when > > I try to send the finalised form to the server I get an error message > from > > ODK Collect. The error is "Internal server error (500)". > > > > In XLSForms the prompt is defined: > > TYPE: decimal, NAME: Bearing, APPERANCE: bearing. This is causing an > error! > > If i delete the value in the APPERANCE column, I can send the form > without > > any errors. > > > > The log in App Engine will show: > > org.opendatakit.aggregate.servlet.SubmissionServlet doPost: Unexpected > > exception: null > > when I'm using the Bearing widget. > > > > Anyone got any ideas how to resolve this? > > > > > > -- > > -- > > Post: opend...@googlegroups.com > > Unsubscribe: opendatakit...@googlegroups.com > > Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en > > > > --- > > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google > Groups > > "ODK Community" group. > > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send > an > > email to opendatakit...@googlegroups.com . > > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. >

If you get a form upload error, then the submission will not work.

Try deleting the form definition. Then re-add it.

··· On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 11:13 AM, Sid Patel <4sidpatel@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Yaw,

Form upload warnings:

W 19:21:18.623 org.opendatakit.aggregate.form.FormDefinition getSubmissionAssociation: No sa record matching this formId bearing
W 19:21:18.623 org.opendatakit.aggregate.form.FormDefinition getFormDefinition: No complete persistence model for sa record matching this formId bearing
W 19:21:19.278 org.opendatakit.aggregate.form.FormDefinition getSubmissionAssociation: No sa record matching this formId bearing
W 19:21:19.278 org.opendatakit.aggregate.form.FormDefinition getFormDefinition: No complete persistence model for sa record matching this formId bearing

I 19:22:36.193 org.opendatakit.aggregate.form.FormFactory internalGetForms: FormCache: fetching new list of Forms
I 19:22:36.269 org.opendatakit.aggregate.util.BackendActionsTable logValues: incoming- last Fetch:             -23133 [S:             -22964 Eq:             -23133 Fs:             -33645] futureMillis:             876867
I 19:22:36.292 org.opendatakit.aggregate.util.BackendActionsTable logValues: -fetched- last Fetch:                  0 [S:             -22964 Eq:             -23133 Fs:             -33645] futureMillis:                 -1
I 19:22:36.396 org.opendatakit.aggregate.util.BackendActionsTable logValues: Fs-update last Fetch:                  0 [S:             -22964 Eq:             -23133 Fs:             876867] futureMillis:             876867 requested:             876867
E 19:22:36.415 org.opendatakit.aggregate.servlet.SubmissionServlet doPost: Unexpected exception: null

Sid

Sid,

Yaw

Need ODK consultants? https://nafundi.com provides form design, server
setup, in-field training, and software development for ODK.

On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 3:20 AM, Sid Patel 4sid...@gmail.com wrote:

I'm running ODK Aggregate 1.4.6 on Google App Engine and ODK Collect
on my XPERIA Z3. I'm trying out the Bearing widget in a form. However,
when
I try to send the finalised form to the server I get an error message
from

TYPE: decimal, NAME: Bearing, APPERANCE: bearing. This is causing an
error!
If i delete the value in the APPERANCE column, I can send the form
without
any errors.

--

Unsubscribe: opendatakit...@googlegroups.com

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups
"ODK Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
an
email to opendatakit...@googlegroups.com.

--

"ODK Community" group.

--
Mitch Sundt
Software Engineer
University of Washington
mitchellsundt@gmail.com

Mitch,

I've tried your solution and it doesn't work. However I've found that in
Yaw's example the response file uses decimal points and in my file decimal
commas are used for bearing values. That is probably because my device is
configured with swedish settings.

It appears that the bearing widget will use a decimal comma for swedish
devices, which seems to be incompatible with the decimal data type. Which
in turn generates an error when submitting the form to ODK aggregate.

If i edit the response XML file on the device, substituting commas for
points, form submission works as it should.

Is there a way to force ODK Collect to use decimal points in the bearing
widget?

Sid

Den måndag 2 november 2015 kl. 20:23:52 UTC+1 skrev Mitch Sundt:

··· > > If you get a form upload error, then the submission will not work. > > Try deleting the form definition. Then re-add it. > > > > On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 11:13 AM, Sid Patel <4sid...@gmail.com > wrote: > >> Hi Yaw, >> >> Thanks for your answer. Unfortunately I'm getting the same problems when >> using your XLSForm/Xform. When I delete the 'bearing'-value in the >> APPERANCE-column, submission works as it should. >> >> Since last post I have upgraded ODK Aggregate to version 1.4.7, but this >> doesn't help, still same problem. I've enclosed my AppEngine logs for >> Aggregate. When I upload a form I get warnings, and when I submit the same >> form I get errors. See the attached file. >> >> Form upload warnings: >> >> W 19:21:18.623 org.opendatakit.aggregate.form.FormDefinition getSubmissionAssociation: No sa record matching this formId bearing >> W 19:21:18.623 org.opendatakit.aggregate.form.FormDefinition getFormDefinition: No complete persistence model for sa record matching this formId bearing >> W 19:21:19.278 org.opendatakit.aggregate.form.FormDefinition getSubmissionAssociation: No sa record matching this formId bearing >> W 19:21:19.278 org.opendatakit.aggregate.form.FormDefinition getFormDefinition: No complete persistence model for sa record matching this formId bearing >> >> >> Form submission error (last row): >> >> I 19:22:36.193 org.opendatakit.aggregate.form.FormFactory internalGetForms: FormCache: fetching new list of Forms >> I 19:22:36.269 org.opendatakit.aggregate.util.BackendActionsTable logValues: incoming- last Fetch: -23133 [S: -22964 Eq: -23133 Fs: -33645] futureMillis: 876867 >> I 19:22:36.292 org.opendatakit.aggregate.util.BackendActionsTable logValues: -fetched- last Fetch: 0 [S: -22964 Eq: -23133 Fs: -33645] futureMillis: -1 >> I 19:22:36.396 org.opendatakit.aggregate.util.BackendActionsTable logValues: Fs-update last Fetch: 0 [S: -22964 Eq: -23133 Fs: 876867] futureMillis: 876867 requested: 876867 >> E 19:22:36.415 org.opendatakit.aggregate.servlet.SubmissionServlet doPost: Unexpected exception: null >> >> >> Sid >> >> Den måndag 2 november 2015 kl. 04:29:49 UTC+1 skrev Yaw Anokwa: >>> >>> Sid, >>> >>> Appearance shouldn't cause change in behavior on Aggregate. I just >>> tested with Collect 1.4.7 and Aggregate 1.4.5 and it worked great with >>> the attached form and submission. >>> >>> Yaw >>> -- >>> Need ODK consultants? https://nafundi.com provides form design, server >>> setup, in-field training, and software development for ODK. >>> >>> On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 3:20 AM, Sid Patel <4sid...@gmail.com> wrote: >>> > I'm running ODK Aggregate 1.4.6 on Google App Engine and ODK Collect >>> 1.4.7 >>> > on my XPERIA Z3. I'm trying out the Bearing widget in a form. However, >>> when >>> > I try to send the finalised form to the server I get an error message >>> from >>> > ODK Collect. The error is "Internal server error (500)". >>> > >>> > In XLSForms the prompt is defined: >>> > TYPE: decimal, NAME: Bearing, APPERANCE: bearing. This is causing an >>> error! >>> > If i delete the value in the APPERANCE column, I can send the form >>> without >>> > any errors. >>> > >>> > The log in App Engine will show: >>> > org.opendatakit.aggregate.servlet.SubmissionServlet doPost: Unexpected >>> > exception: null >>> > when I'm using the Bearing widget. >>> > >>> > Anyone got any ideas how to resolve this? >>> > >>> > >>> > -- >>> > -- >>> > Post: opend...@googlegroups.com >>> > Unsubscribe: opendatakit...@googlegroups.com >>> > Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >>> > >>> > --- >>> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google >>> Groups >>> > "ODK Community" group. >>> > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send >>> an >>> > email to opendatakit...@googlegroups.com. >>> > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. >>> >> -- >> -- >> Post: opend...@googlegroups.com >> Unsubscribe: opendatakit...@googlegroups.com >> Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >> >> --- >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups >> "ODK Community" group. >> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an >> email to opendatakit...@googlegroups.com . >> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. >> > > > > -- > Mitch Sundt > Software Engineer > University of Washington > mitche...@gmail.com >

That would definitely be a problem.

I've pushed a fix for this - it will be in the next release.

··· On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 12:18 PM, Sid Patel <4sidpatel@gmail.com> wrote:

Mitch,

I've tried your solution and it doesn't work. However I've found that in
Yaw's example the response file uses decimal points and in my file decimal
commas are used for bearing values. That is probably because my device is
configured with swedish settings.

It appears that the bearing widget will use a decimal comma for swedish
devices, which seems to be incompatible with the decimal data type. Which
in turn generates an error when submitting the form to ODK aggregate.

If i edit the response XML file on the device, substituting commas for
points, form submission works as it should.

Is there a way to force ODK Collect to use decimal points in the bearing
widget?

Sid

Den måndag 2 november 2015 kl. 20:23:52 UTC+1 skrev Mitch Sundt:

If you get a form upload error, then the submission will not work.

Try deleting the form definition. Then re-add it.

On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 11:13 AM, Sid Patel 4sid...@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Yaw,

Form upload warnings:

Sid

Sid,

Yaw

Need ODK consultants? https://nafundi.com provides form design, server
setup, in-field training, and software development for ODK.

On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 3:20 AM, Sid Patel 4sid...@gmail.com wrote:

I'm running ODK Aggregate 1.4.6 on Google App Engine and ODK Collect
on my XPERIA Z3. I'm trying out the Bearing widget in a form.
However, when
I try to send the finalised form to the server I get an error message
from

TYPE: decimal, NAME: Bearing, APPERANCE: bearing. This is causing an
error!
If i delete the value in the APPERANCE column, I can send the form
without
any errors.

org.opendatakit.aggregate.servlet.SubmissionServlet doPost:
Unexpected

--

Groups
"ODK Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it,
send an
email to opendatakit...@googlegroups.com.

--

Groups "ODK Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
an email to opendatakit...@googlegroups.com.

--
Mitch Sundt
Software Engineer
University of Washington
mitche...@gmail.com

--

"ODK Community" group.

--
Mitch Sundt
Software Engineer
University of Washington
mitchellsundt@gmail.com

Thanks Mitch and Yaw for your help. Looking forward to the next release of ODK Collect soon then.