Beekeeper need help!

hello everyone,

I am an amateur beekeeper and I wanted to make a simple usable form on my smatphone to fill in a series of ten questions on the hive that I am visiting on an apiary, then this information would be compiled on a google sheet online, which would allow me to take better care of the bees without forgetting information .. and to have a global vision of the state of my hives and know what to expect at the next visit.

Look like this(dont't need picture at the end) i did with jotform but cannot link with xls form... yes i know i'm a real newbie !

I tried to create this form with ODK but I give up, too complicated for someone who is not comfortable with computer...

if someone could help me (make this list) it would be great i have the xls sheet to fill in .... i don't think it is very complicated for someone who is used to it ... Thanks anyway.

French speaking...

Hi @phil42600,

I am happy to help you with this. Please let me know the address (link) of the Google sheets to store your data. I will send you the programmed form tonight. If you need to capture the image, That is doable too. I am not really a French speaker, however, I am based in Quebec, thus I understand French a bit.

BTW, we glad to have you in ODK community, when you get a chance, please introduce yourself here.

Thanks,
Imran

2 Likes

Hi Imram thaks for helping i sorry but i dont know what to do with this ? i instal odk collect on my phone but somewhere ask me for username and password of aggregate ??? i look at the file xls so the field do not correspond .... look it's more complicated that i thought...
when you look at the field in the xls files, it's not the same in my google sheet... cannot work ? and you take the value of the jotform example and not the one in the xls form...
dont know what to do... sorry about that

@phil42600 looks like a great project, i'd be happy to spin something up for you to collect this info. I'll probably need to contact you directly though but as @A.N.M_AL-IMRAN has a grasp of french i'd be happy to colab

1 Like

Hi @phil42600,

Please follow the instruction on this page and let me know if you experience any difficulties. If you are unable to connect, I will be more than happy to help you to connect.

Thanks,
Imran

Ok Imram i fill the server... and then ? where i have to copy the files you send me ?

Ok Imram i figure out thanks a lot, so known i can open the form on the odk collect apps... but as i tell you took to build the form the example and not the fields i give you, also when i do open form it's not question by question as the example i gave you but the question sort by the type like field-text, table-list...and when i fill all the question and send it not fill the xls file in google sheet... Thanks

Hi @phil42600,

If you send a list of questions you want with a list of answers on a word or excel document, I will rebuild the form for you.
2nd point, few things you need to ensure to receive your submissions to the google sheets as the following:

1. go back to google drive and share the google sheets and make it editable to everyone who will access the google sheet file.
  2. Instead of sending me the file-sharing link please open the file on a browser and copy the link and send me. You will find a big difference between the share link and the link you will find if you open the file on the browser.

see the images below:

1 Like

here the link : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M8IAWa1gfPov6hbR5CAselGCYdFPB38mtfmVjsC11r4/edit#gid=810054513
i make it editable who have the link for the question it's this
the first question is to set the number of the hive so the sheet in the files 1 to 20
and for the fields of the sheet column:
A automatic date (no need to enter ) in the sheet if the last visit show first on top will be great
B 1-2-3-+
C 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 (slider horizontal wil be great)
D vue – pas vue
E oui – non
F non – détruite – conservée
G 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 (slider horizontal wil be great)
H 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 (slider horizontal wil be great)
I non - 1/4L – 1/2L – 1L – 2L – 3L – 4L – 5L – 6L – ½ candi – 1 candi
J non – 1 -2 -3 -pots
K numbers 0
L 1 - 2 - 3
M text possibility to record by mic

bold is if possible default

Thanks imram

1 Like

here new files without change on the first line.... maybe more explicit
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PwOTHkFvIwh0gdx2u7sigT7aKxqueg_A/

Hi @phil42600,

Thanks! I believe the questions will remain the same as before. the answers will change, please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks

Actually everything change you took the example and not the data i gave you...The question is the name of the column in the google sheet so for B = Nb. bnoite ?, for C Nb cadres ? for D reine ?, for E ponte?....

the first question is to set the number of the hive so the sheet in the files 1 to 20
and for the fields of the sheet column:
A automatic date (no need to enter ) in the sheet if the last visit show first on top will be great
B 1-2-3-+
C 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 (slider horizontal wil be great)
D vue – pas vue
E oui – non
F non – détruite – conservée
G 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 (slider horizontal wil be great)
H 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 (slider horizontal wil be great)
I non - 1/4L – 1/2L – 1L – 2L – 3L – 4L – 5L – 6L – ½ candi – 1 candi
J non – 1 -2 -3 -pots
K numbers 0
L 1 - 2 - 3
M text possibility to record by mic

bold is if possible default

Thanks a lot

Here is a version with same questions and options you want.

RUCHER.xlsx (14.9 KB)

You need to fill the correct submission url in the settings and the tranform it into xlsform with https://xlsform.getodk.org/
And put that xml file onto your drive to make it downloadabl by collect.

1 Like

Un grand merci @mathieubossaert qui vient de me permettre de réaliser ce que je souhaitais faire depuis un bon petit moment un état de mes ruches sur le terrain et envoyer tout cela sur google form, je peux voir l'évolution des ruches au fur et a mesure, MERCI MERCI MERCI Aussi a @A.N.M_AL-IMRAN et @Fabien_Pageot pour leur bonne volonté, leur patience avec une croix comme moi :slight_smile:

A big thank you @mathieubossaert who has just allowed me to achieve what I wanted to do for a little while a state of my hives on the ground and send all this on google form, I can see the evolution of the hives as and measure, THANKS THANKS THANKS Also to @ ANM_AL-IMRAN and @Fabien_Pageot for their good will, their patience with a dummy like me: slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @mathieubossaert for the final version.

The last problem was not relative to ODK but @phil42600 want to split collected data in a tab for each hive.
We used a google sheet query like in a new tab called "ruche_1"

=query('data-ruche'!A:P, "where C = 'ruche_1' ",0)

This catch the lines from the main data tab from columns A to P where column C contains "ruche_1", without the header (0).
I also add a calculation for the date and the apiary name to get it in the hive tab (repeat block) to avoid joins between tabs.

Here is the very last version :
RUCHER.xlsx (14.9 KB)

1 Like