ODK Briefcase v1.11 Too Slow
I have been trying to use this version on ODK Briefcase but it turns out to be too slow. Activities I was able to do with older versions of Briefcase in 30 minutes or so ended up using about three hours. What could be the case?
Hi @paul_macharia, I'll need a bit more information before I can help.
- What operation (pull, push, export) is slow?
- How many forms/submissions are you operating on?
- What operating system are you using (e.g., macOS Sierra 10.13.5)?
- What version of Java are you using (e.g., Java 1.8.0_172)?
Could you check if the "pull in parallel" setting in the Settings tab is checked? The CLI pull operation depends on that to pull the submissions in parallel and work faster.
Couple more questions for you, @paul_macharia
- How much RAM do you have? https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000149.htm#win8 will provide a quick how to.
- Roughly how many submissions do you have for each of those forms? One easy way to tell is to count the number of rows in CSVs that you've previously exported.
Also, it would help us to know which one of the operations is the one contributing most to that extended work time. Ideally, it would be best for us if you could time them separately instead of running them in the same batch (i.e. first the pulls, then the exports).
Thanks for your suggestions.
The problem was my script. I inserted line spacing between each script and this seem to be the problem. After removing these spaces, all is working fine now.
BTW @ODK Community, thanks to the ODK Stickers. Will keep spreading the gospel in Kenya.