Calculating Eligibility at the end of Screening Form

Hello ODK Community,

We are conducting a health-related research study and need to determine people's eligibility for participation based on their responses to a screening form.

What we would like to do is have individuals complete the entire screening form and have their answers to the key eligibility questions "flagged" so that a staff can determine the overall eligibility at the end of the form based on responses to that group of questions. Is this somehow programmable using ODK?

To provide a little bit more context, I'm using an XLS form.

Thank you so much!
Karen

What I have done for this in the past is to create two page elements (eg Eligible and Not Eligible), and then use 'relevant' to decide which of those two screens to show to the user. Each relevant field will reference each question that relates to eligibility. Brief example below

<text id="/data/ES_eligible_readonly:label">
        <value>You are eligible for participation in this study. I will now review the details of the study with you. Once you understand the study details, I will ask if you wish to consent to your and your child’s participation.</value>
      </text>
      <text id="/data/ES_not_elibible_readonly:label">
        <value>Thank you for your interest in participating in this study, but you are not eligible for participating due to one or more reasons. In order to protect privacy of other caretakers and children who may participate, I cannot discuss the reasons that you are not eligible. However, we hope you will consider participating in other studies that may occur at the clinic if you are eligible.</value>

<bind nodeset="/data/ES_eligible_readonly" type="string" readonly="true()" relevant="
    not(selected(/data/ES1, '4')) and
    not(selected(/data/ES7, '1')) and
    not(selected(/data/ES9, '0')) and
    not(selected(/data/ES10, '1'))
    "
    />
  <bind nodeset="/data/ES_not_elibible_readonly" type="string" readonly="true()" relevant="
    (selected(/data/ES1, '4')) or
    (selected(/data/ES7, '1')) or
    (selected(/data/ES9, '0')) or
    (selected(/data/ES10, '1'))
    "
   />
··· On Tuesday, August 25, 2015 at 3:12:34 PM UTC-4, iknow2...@gmail.com wrote: > Hello ODK Community, > > We are conducting a health-related research study and need to determine people's eligibility for participation based on their responses to a screening form. > > What we would like to do is have individuals complete the entire screening form and have their answers to the key eligibility questions "flagged" so that a staff can determine the overall eligibility at the end of the form based on responses to that group of questions. Is this somehow programmable using ODK? > > To provide a little bit more context, I'm using an XLS form. > > Thank you so much! > Karen

Thank you very much. I'll definitely try this out!