Calling labels when "specify other" selected with multiple choice

What is the problem? Please be detailed.
I have a question that asks respondents to select which crops they grow on their kitchen garden. It is multiple choice. When they select "others" as one of their options, it then asks them to specify others (using a text field). I then run a repeat group with more detailed questions on each of the crops.

I am not able to specify how to tell the form to use the label from the "specify others" option when one of the options selected is "others"

This is how I want it to show------->>> Which crops do you grow---> I select "Onion, tomato, Others" --> Specify "Others"--> I write "Beans"--> How much Onion did you harvest--> How much tomato did you harvest--> How much Beans did you harvest

This is how it shows currently---->>>Which crops do you grow---> I select "Onion, tomato, Others" --> Specify "Others"--> I write "Beans"--> How much Onion did you harvest--> How much tomato did you harvest--> How much Others did you harvest

What ODK tool and version are you using? And on what device and operating system version?
Spreadsheet

What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?

What you have you tried to fix the problem?
in the calculate kitchen garden crop name (${crop_name}) field I enter the following in the calculation column------
if(selected(${kg1},'99'), ${specify_other}, jr:choice-name(selected-at(${kgarden_crop},index()-1),'${kgarden_crop}')

Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach here.
attached

Hi!
I did a little mock-up of your questions. I didn't use a repeat function, just for simplicity.

However, I've shown how you can replace "beans" directly into your label, so you can insert this into your own form.

example_crops_others.xlsx (13.2 KB)

Does that help you?

Thanks,
Janna