Can’t collect data with Android 4

1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
I would like to install the old version of ODK Central as after upgrading to ODK Central(v1.3), I am unable to collect data on my tablet which has android version 4.0. my Samsung tab(android v4.2) are unbaled to use.

2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.
ODK Collect 1.22.4
ODK Crentral 1.3
Android 4.2
Samsung tab

3. What have you tried to fix the problem?
Checked on other device and able to use those

4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?
NA

5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.
NA

It is usually not possible to downgrade ODK Central after upgrading it. (We plan to document that more clearly and have a GitHub issue to do so here.) A downgrade is possible if you have a backup of your data from before the upgrade. That said, Central works with all Android devices that work with ODK Collect, so I'm also not sure why you're seeing an issue. I encourage you to create a new support topic in which you describe in detail the issue you're having collecting data.

ODK Collect supports Android 5.1+ and has for some number of years. ODK Collect v1.25 was the last release with support for older Android versions. Central version has no interaction with this.

1 Like

Hi @LN ,

Thanks for your response.
I would like to know how a user will know about which ODK central supports, android version?
I tried to find out resources online as well as release but I didnt get that. If there is any links or resource can tou share that with me.

Narendra

Are you asking about web forms? They should work as long as you can update a browser (Chrome or Firefox) to the latest version. Android 4 is so old that it may not be possible. Other than that the Central version has no impact on android compatibility.

Collect’s Play Store listing shows compatible Android versions. As Matt said, please be very specific about what you you are trying to do and what you see. Is there an error message you can share?

1 Like