Cannot transfer ownership - GSUITE

1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
I am an admin for a GSUITE domain and have created and connected a service account with ODK Aggregate. I have successfully been able to setup a google sheet using the publish feature on the service account but I am unable to choose a different owner. The logs state that its not on the same domain.

2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.

3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?
Google, ODK forums. I have added the service account to the GSUITE Security page and allowed access to google drive and google sheets on this page

4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?
Setup an ODK 2.0.3 VM
Create a form
Submit some test data
Connect a service account
Publish data to a GSUITE account on the same account as the service account

5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.
removed specific account data

Aug 20, 2019 8:33:40 AM org.opendatakit.aggregate.task.WorksheetCreatorWorkerImpl doWorksheetCreator
SEVERE: doWorksheetCreator: aggregate.opendatakit.org:MiscTasks[@version=null and @uiVersion=null]/_misc_tasks[@key=uuid:6d5b9eeb-9449-45ec-9148-43a92e5e5685] form FORMNAME Initiating failure recovery: org.opendatakit.aggregate.exception.ODKExternalServiceException: com.google.api.client.googleapis.json.GoogleJsonResponseException: 400 Bad Request
{
  "code" : 400,
  "errors" : [ {
    "domain" : "global",
    "message" : "Bad Request. User message: \"Sorry, cannot transfer ownership to awt@GSUITEDOMAINNAME.org. Ownership can only be transferred to another user in the same domain as the current owner.\"",
    "reason" : "ownershipChangeAcrossDomainNotPermitted"
  } ],
  "message" : "Bad Request. User message: \"Sorry, cannot transfer ownership to awt@GSUITEDOMAINNAME.org. Ownership can only be transferred to another user in the same domain as the current owner.\""
}

I am running into the same issue, were you able to find a resolution?