Cant edit submission with Enketo

1. What is the issue? Please be detailed.
I am using ODK central, hosting by my own server. I have the form that contained 2 languages and has multiple pre-defined cascading loops and dynamic selection.
The problem I have is where I have a question asking data collector to select_one choice and the next questions will ask the same but removing one of the chocies that selected.
for example:

1. Please select_one
    a. A (A is selected)
    b. B
    c. C
  2. Please select_one
    b. B
    c. C

I can use the form in Collect without any problem and the loops and sorting choices are also working fine. Also, I have look at submitted data in CSV file and it is completed.

However, I want to do some permanent editing so I open the enketo editing but the submitted data has disappear, on the question the choice showed : none selected and cant edit at all.

while other that has similar repeating loops showed the answer perfectly

2. What steps can we take to reproduce this issue?
I can share the form if that is helpful-
The form has dynamic selection

1. Please select_one
    a. A
    b. B
    c. C
    if answer A
  2. Please select_one
    a. A1
    b. A2
    c. A3

and the loops go on for B and C...

3. What have you tried to fix the issue?
I have rechecked the form in collect and checkef the data in csv exported files - they all works fine- just that cant edit on Enketo. and I have try to find the article on the forum but cant find any

4. Upload any test forms or screenshots below.

Hope you can help,

Nukloc

Not sure if anyone can suggest on this,

I attached the xls file for your info
FORM_that have issue_enketo.xlsx (116.8 KB)

This is a very nice form doing important work!

There's a lot going on here and I haven't been able to make progress troubleshooting the issue.

One thing that would really help is building a subset form that focuses on the issue. I would start by isolating just the accumulator (${C4}), the repeat with the select and any fields that are needed to make the choice filter work. Then, provided that still reproduces the issue, you could keep trying to cut more out until you get to the smallest form that gets a reproduction.

Alternately, you could try to build the simpler A/B/C example you described above and see if you can reproduce with something simple using your technique.

1 Like