Cast variable accessing data

Greetings!
I'm clueless on why this may have happened nor how to fix it

Problem persisting data or accessing data ([QueryByUIFilterGroup.
constructor] SQL: SELECT * FROM opendatakit.CÉDUL32AD_ID_CORE WHERE
_MARKED_AS_COMPLETE_DATE > Thu Jan 01 00:00:00 UTC 1970 ORDER BY
_MARKED_AS_COMPLETE_DATE exception: java.lang.String cannot be cast to java.
lang.Long)

I'm guessing the problem relies on the form -a question that had a text
input and then it was changed to number only-, nevertheless, how could I
retrive the data -even if it's corrupted-?

Hi Sergio,

What version of Aggregate are you using and on what platform (e.g.,
App Engine)? Any chance that another application touched the database?
What do you have to do to get that error message?

Yaw

··· On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 6:25 AM, Sergio Del Villar wrote: > Greetings! > I'm clueless on why this may have happened nor how to fix it > > Problem persisting data or accessing data > ([QueryByUIFilterGroup.constructor] SQL: SELECT * FROM > opendatakit.CÉDUL32AD_ID_CORE WHERE _MARKED_AS_COMPLETE_DATE > Thu Jan 01 > 00:00:00 UTC 1970 ORDER BY _MARKED_AS_COMPLETE_DATE exception: > java.lang.String cannot be cast to java.lang.Long) > > I'm guessing the problem relies on the form -a question that had a text > input and then it was changed to number only-, nevertheless, how could I > retrive the data -even if it's corrupted-? > > -- > -- > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en > > --- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "ODK Community" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Greetings!
Platform: AppEngine
Aggregate version: v1.4.9 Production
Steps to reproduce the error: Nothing special really, whenever I click
Submissions-> Form -> Buggy form> (in order to see the data) I get the
message posted -I'm assuming the problem relies on one question that was
changed from string input to long one).
Saddly, due to some sensitive information I cannot share the template,
however, I would like to know how to retrieve the corrupted data only.

··· On Wednesday, November 2, 2016 at 11:15:11 AM UTC-6, Yaw Anokwa wrote: > > Hi Sergio, > > What version of Aggregate are you using and on what platform (e.g., > App Engine)? Any chance that another application touched the database? > What do you have to do to get that error message? > > Yaw >

Hi Sergio,

Before you mess around with the DB, do a backup with Briefcase to make
sure the data is safe! That backup process might also identify the
particular submission that is having a problem.


is the Aggregate DB structure. If it's just a matter of retrieving a
few value, that might be the easiest way to go.

Did you change a string input to a long or are you speculating that someone did?

Yaw

··· On Wed, Nov 2, 2016 at 8:07 PM, Sergio Del Villar wrote: > Greetings! > Platform: AppEngine > Aggregate version: v1.4.9 Production > Steps to reproduce the error: Nothing special really, whenever I click > Submissions-> Form -> Buggy form> (in order to see the data) I get the > message posted -I'm assuming the problem relies on one question that was > changed from string input to long one). > Saddly, due to some sensitive information I cannot share the template, > however, I would like to know how to retrieve the corrupted data only. > > > > On Wednesday, November 2, 2016 at 11:15:11 AM UTC-6, Yaw Anokwa wrote: >> >> Hi Sergio, >> >> What version of Aggregate are you using and on what platform (e.g., >> App Engine)? Any chance that another application touched the database? >> What do you have to do to get that error message? >> >> Yaw > > -- > -- > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en > > --- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "ODK Community" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Are you running this on a local server, or Google AppEngine?

I have recently seen this when running with JDBC 4 drivers on a Tomcat 8
install.

The ODK Aggregate codebase assumes Java 7 and JDBC 3, with Tomcat 6.

You should revert to a JDBC 3 driver.

If you are trying to run on Tomcat 8 or higher with JDBC 4, the code
changes to fix
this issue have not yet been released ( they will be in ODK Aggregate
1.4.13 ).

··· On Thu, Nov 3, 2016 at 12:47 AM, Yaw Anokwa wrote:

Hi Sergio,

Before you mess around with the DB, do a backup with Briefcase to make
sure the data is safe! That backup process might also identify the
particular submission that is having a problem.

https://github.com/opendatakit/opendatakit/wiki/
Aggregate-Database-Structure
is the Aggregate DB structure. If it's just a matter of retrieving a
few value, that might be the easiest way to go.

Did you change a string input to a long or are you speculating that
someone did?

Yaw

On Wed, Nov 2, 2016 at 8:07 PM, Sergio Del Villar sgdvas@gmail.com wrote:

Greetings!
Platform: AppEngine
Aggregate version: v1.4.9 Production
Steps to reproduce the error: Nothing special really, whenever I click
Submissions-> Form -> Buggy form> (in order to see the data) I get the
message posted -I'm assuming the problem relies on one question that was
changed from string input to long one).
Saddly, due to some sensitive information I cannot share the template,
however, I would like to know how to retrieve the corrupted data only.

On Wednesday, November 2, 2016 at 11:15:11 AM UTC-6, Yaw Anokwa wrote:

Hi Sergio,

What version of Aggregate are you using and on what platform (e.g.,
App Engine)? Any chance that another application touched the database?
What do you have to do to get that error message?

Yaw

--

Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com
Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"ODK Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--

Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com
Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"ODK Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
Mitch Sundt
Software Engineer
University of Washington
mitchellsundt@gmail.com