Challenges launching ODK Aggregate after installation

What is the problem? Please be detailed.

I've made it all the way through the instructions for AWS installation, but am completely lost on how to actually launch Aggregate for the first time. I'm running into errors whenever I try to use either of the IP addresses that I created through AWS, and also when I try to launch via Tomcat. advice would be greatly appreciated.

What ODK tool and version are you using? And on what device and operating system version?

ODK Aggregate 2.0
Tomcat 8.5
Amazon Web Services/EC2
MySQL
PuTTY
Windows 10, Dell Latitude

What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?

I went through the entire Installing on Amazon Web Services guide, line by line.

What you have you tried to fix the problem?
When I try to use the Elastic IP or the Public DNS attached to my instance in order to launch ODK Aggregate, I'm unable to to so. Example:

I entered http://3.18.54.153:8080/ODKAggregate/

And received the following error: " This page isn’t working
3.18.54.153 didn’t send any data.
ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE"

Similarly, I was intending to use the following two lines to try and launch from the command line:

cd C:\Program Files(x86)\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.5\bin
startup.bat

However, I'm prevented from event changing the directory (I receive an error after the first line)

Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach here.

I'm not a developer, and am using some of these tools for the first time, so please forgive my ignorance in advance!

@ofatunde Are you able to SSH into your machine and look at the logs? That'll give you the hint as to what is wrong.