the form name?

Thanks,
Rubana

If you can send the sheet of your form i might b able to help,
alternatively after the choices sheet add another sheet called settings in
settings the first column should be named form_id, and the second column be
named form_title. enter the form name under both, but in the ID there
should be no space. check is this helps

ยทยทยท On Tuesday, April 25, 2017 at 8:58:04 AM UTC+1, Rubana Islam wrote: > > Hi! > > So I want to save each form with different names on ODK collect. I > followed instructions form earlier conversations and found this: > > > begin group meta formname > text intanceName concat(${SiteID},' name > ',${ParticipantID}) > endgroup > > However, form name still remains the default file name for all the forms I > fill up. Is there a better way to do it so the SIteID+ParticipantID will be > the form name? > > > Thanks, > Rubana >

Dear Edwin,
I shall try out your solution but am sending a section of my form for you
to have look.

Really appreciate your help,
Rubana

Study-1-demo.xlsx (29.6 KB)

ยทยทยท On Tuesday, April 25, 2017 at 7:14:29 PM UTC+10, EDWIN SIMPLE wrote: > > If you can send the sheet of your form i might b able to help, > alternatively after the choices sheet add another sheet called settings in > settings the first column should be named form_id, and the second column be > named form_title. enter the form name under both, but in the ID there > should be no space. check is this helps > > On Tuesday, April 25, 2017 at 8:58:04 AM UTC+1, Rubana Islam wrote: >> >> Hi! >> >> So I want to save each form with different names on ODK collect. I >> followed instructions form earlier conversations and found this: >> >> >> begin group meta formname >> text intanceName concat(${SiteID},' name >> ',${ParticipantID}) >> endgroup >> >> However, form name still remains the default file name for all the forms >> I fill up. Is there a better way to do it so the SIteID+ParticipantID will >> be the form name? >> >> >> Thanks, >> Rubana >> >

Rubana,

instance_name goes in the settings sheet. See http://xlsform.org/#instance-name

Yaw

ยทยทยท On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 7:34 AM, Rubana Islam wrote: > Dear Edwin, > I shall try out your solution but am sending a section of my form for you to > have look. > > Really appreciate your help, > Rubana > > > On Tuesday, April 25, 2017 at 7:14:29 PM UTC+10, EDWIN SIMPLE wrote: >> >> If you can send the sheet of your form i might b able to help, >> alternatively after the choices sheet add another sheet called settings in >> settings the first column should be named form_id, and the second column be >> named form_title. enter the form name under both, but in the ID there should >> be no space. check is this helps >> >> On Tuesday, April 25, 2017 at 8:58:04 AM UTC+1, Rubana Islam wrote: >>> >>> Hi! >>> >>> So I want to save each form with different names on ODK collect. I >>> followed instructions form earlier conversations and found this: >>> >>> >>> begin group meta formname >>> text intanceName concat(${SiteID},' name >>> ',${ParticipantID}) >>> endgroup >>> >>> However, form name still remains the default file name for all the forms >>> I fill up. Is there a better way to do it so the SIteID+ParticipantID will >>> be the form name? >>> >>> >>> Thanks, >>> Rubana > > -- > -- > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en > > --- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "ODK Community" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
1 Like