Thoughts?

Hi Tom, just saw your message on the site here. I can confirm that
price in Kenya, from Safaricom: 8000 Kenyan shillings, slightly below
$80. Then Kenyan prices are very low as I believe they don't have
import duty on phones. Here in Uganda the Ideos X1 is currently about
$100.

Cheers
John

··· On Sep 27, 11:36 pm, Thomas Smyth wrote: > Any new intelligence on where to buy cheap IDEOS/Comet/U8150s, or > other cheap models? That singularityhub article said they were '$80' > in Kenya, but I haven't been able to find anything like that. The > Carter Center wants to buy a pile of them but can't go much above $80 > or so... > > Thoughts?

Thanks for the intelligence, John!

··· On 28 September 2011 17:07, john quinn wrote: > Hi Tom, just saw your message on the site here. I can confirm that > price in Kenya, from Safaricom: 8000 Kenyan shillings, slightly below > $80. Then Kenyan prices are very low as I believe they don't have > import duty on phones. Here in Uganda the Ideos X1 is currently about > $100. > > Cheers > John > > On Sep 27, 11:36 pm, Thomas Smyth wrote: >> Any new intelligence on where to buy cheap IDEOS/Comet/U8150s, or >> other cheap models? That singularityhub article said they were '$80' >> in Kenya, but I haven't been able to find anything like that. The >> Carter Center wants to buy a pile of them but can't go much above $80 >> or so... >> >> Thoughts? > > -- > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >