Choice_filter is not working in conjunction with a relevance setting

Hi all,
I am trying to use a choice_filter to narrow down a list of schools based on the district selected earlier in the survey. This school selection question occurs twice in the survey - once to ask what school they are in now and once to ask about a previous school they attended. For the second occurrence, the question is only asked to students who responded "yes" to a question asking if they had attended another school in the past.

When I test the survey (using Kobo) the question shows up but none of the schools appear as choices. If I remove the relevance condition it works correctly or if I remove the choice filter it works correctly. I'm not sure if I am doing something wrong or if there is a bug with Kobo. I will attach a shortened version of the survey with the relevant questions.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me!

kobo sample.xlsx (21.4 KB)

Hi,

The sample form you attached doesn't work as you deleted too many choice lists, however when I fixed the bugs in it in order to deploy it on kobo and troubleshoot your problem, I found that the form worked perfectly and there seemed to be no problems with any of your choice filters or the relevancies related to the previous school question.

Please see attached file. Looks like you had already solved the problem before you made the post :slight_smile:

kobo sample.xlsx (21.5 KB)

Hi, I am facing the same issue,

test_FILTER.xlsx (15.5 KB)

if the filter is in a group that is hidden when the filter condition is set (another variable), when the group is displayed for some reason enketo is taking current value of the variable used in the filter.

Br
EDIT: It works well on ODK

Hi @delcroip

since it's an issue in Enketo please ask there https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/enketo-users, as you notice it works well on ODK.