Computing for the Lowest Value from the Entry Values

Dear Sir/Ma'am,

I wanna know if there's a way that ODK can determine the lowest value of the entries the surveyor supplied in the questionnaire. Say, in the ODK form, surveyor is asked to input heights of 20 plants. And after this, the form should prompt the surveyor with the lowest height he/she has supplied.

Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Mark

Hi Mark,

Put the plants in a repeat, then after the repeat, you can use
min($plant_height) to get the minimum across all the plants.

Yaw

··· On Fri, Apr 28, 2017 at 9:26 PM, wrote: > Dear Sir/Ma'am, > > I wanna know if there's a way that ODK can determine the lowest value of the entries the surveyor supplied in the questionnaire. Say, in the ODK form, surveyor is asked to input heights of 20 plants. And after this, the form should prompt the surveyor with the lowest height he/she has supplied. > > Thanks a lot! > > Regards, > Mark > > -- > -- > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en > > --- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ODK Community" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Dear Yaw,

My apologies for this late reply. I haven't visited this site again for quite a time. I have just seen your reply and I really appreciate it. Thanks so much for the help. I have another question,where will I place the formula? Is it under the calculation column? Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Mark

Yes, you can have a calculate question called $min_height_all_plants and you can put min($plant_height) under the calculation column.

Hello Yaw! Thanks again for this very prompt reply. If for example the heights have names such as ht_plnt1, ht_plnt2, ht_plnt3, ht_plnt4, and ht_plnt5, how will the formula look like? Will it be like: min($ht_plnt)? Or how? Sorry, I can't still figure it out.

Mark

Hi Sir Yaw, I have just figured out what you have been advising me. Apologies if I was so slow in figuring it out. Thanks again for the help.

Regards,
Mark

2 Likes