the box to be ticked incase someone selects a date earlier than today
N.B attached is the excel data

type name label

today today begin group id Identification date ancvst1 Date of first
ANC visit: select_multiple idtype_a ancdateknow Tick if Mother does not
know her ANCdate
end group

Hello Ayoub,
It's possible though ODK won't evaluate the relevant till you move to next screen. so i would suggest to void the group and the use individual variables which you can enable or disable by using single superiority condition "node<today()" in relevant field for the tick variable.

Cheers

Jules R.

ยทยทยท On Tuesday, May 19, 2015 at 2:12:35 PM UTC+2, Ayoub Kakande wrote: > Hello All, > Am designing a form in excel and I have 2 fields ie the date and and a box to be ticked in case the date is unknown by the entrant (both fields are on same screen) > I want the entrant to tick this box incase he doesn't know the date to be filled in. > by default the date is set to today however i want the system not to allow the box to be ticked incase someone selects a date earlier than today > N.B attached is the excel data > > > > > > > > > > type > name > label > > > > > > today > today > > > > > > begin group > id > Identification > > > > > date > ancvst1 > Date of first ANC visit: > > > > > select_multiple idtype_a > ancdateknow > Tick if Mother does not > know her ANCdate > > > > > end group