say between 0 and 200).

The next step is to create some classification A (0-50) | b (51-100) |
C(101-150) | D (151-200),
Then a different group of questions should be applied according the class
(A|B|C|D)

I've already resolved the calculation step and the grouping skips, but i'm
stuck in creating the classification.

Any suggestion to achieve this?

Thanks in advance and best regards from Mexico.

N

Hi Neri,

Do you really need to classify it as such? it sounds like you already
have the numeric value, maybe that is enough? I'm wondering if you could
modify the group skips to work with the calculation results directly.

Group a relevancy: ${class_calc} >= 1 and ${class_calc} < 51
Group b relevancy: ${class_calc} >= 51 and ${class_calc} < 101

etc

If you do need it to be a letter-based classification the most straight
forward would probably just be a nested set of ifs:

if(${class_calc} >= 1 and ${class_calc} < 51, "A", if(${class_calc} >= 51
and ${class_calc} < 51, "B", if(${class_calc} >= 101 and ${class_calc} <
151, "C", if(${class_calc} >= 151 and ${class_calc} < 201, "D",
"Unclassified"))))

or something like that.

Jason

ยทยทยท On Thursday, November 17, 2016 at 9:11:53 PM UTC-5, Neri David Martinez wrote: > > Hi people, > > A bit history, i'm working in a project where we ask for some household > and income characteristics. We add up that variables and get a new total > (let's say between 0 and 200). > > The next step is to create some classification A (0-50) | b (51-100) | > C(101-150) | D (151-200), > Then a different group of questions should be applied according the class > (A|B|C|D) > > I've already resolved the calculation step and the grouping skips, but i'm > stuck in creating the classification. > > Any suggestion to achieve this? > > Thanks in advance and best regards from Mexico. > > N > >
1 Like

First, Thanks for the reply Jason, it was very helpful.
I really appreciate it. :slight_smile:

Second, I must apologize myself to take so long to answer, i was away from
keyboard for a while but i'm back.

Thanks again.

Best regards from Mexico

ยทยทยท On Thursday, November 17, 2016 at 8:11:53 PM UTC-6, Neri David Martinez wrote: > > Hi people, > > A bit history, i'm working in a project where we ask for some household > and income characteristics. We add up that variables and get a new total > (let's say between 0 and 200). > > The next step is to create some classification A (0-50) | b (51-100) | > C(101-150) | D (151-200), > Then a different group of questions should be applied according the class > (A|B|C|D) > > I've already resolved the calculation step and the grouping skips, but i'm > stuck in creating the classification. > > Any suggestion to achieve this? > > Thanks in advance and best regards from Mexico. > > N > >

Typo in the "B" part of the if statement:

if(${class_calc} >= 51 and ${class_calc} < 101, "B"

ยทยทยท On Monday, November 21, 2016 at 9:43:56 AM UTC-5, Jason Ives wrote: > > Hi Neri, > > Do you really need to classify it as such? it sounds like you already > have the numeric value, maybe that is enough? I'm wondering if you could > modify the group skips to work with the calculation results directly. > > Group a relevancy: ${class_calc} >= 1 and ${class_calc} < 51 > Group b relevancy: ${class_calc} >= 51 and ${class_calc} < 101 > > etc > > If you do need it to be a letter-based classification the most straight > forward would probably just be a nested set of ifs: > > if(${class_calc} >= 1 and ${class_calc} < 51, "A", if(${class_calc} >= 51 > and ${class_calc} < 51, "B", if(${class_calc} >= 101 and ${class_calc} < > 151, "C", if(${class_calc} >= 151 and ${class_calc} < 201, "D", > "Unclassified")))) > > or something like that. > > Jason > > On Thursday, November 17, 2016 at 9:11:53 PM UTC-5, Neri David Martinez wrote: >> >> Hi people, >> >> A bit history, i'm working in a project where we ask for some household >> and income characteristics. We add up that variables and get a new total >> (let's say between 0 and 200). >> >> The next step is to create some classification A (0-50) | b (51-100) | >> C(101-150) | D (151-200), >> Then a different group of questions should be applied according the class >> (A|B|C|D) >> >> I've already resolved the calculation step and the grouping skips, but >> i'm stuck in creating the classification. >> >> Any suggestion to achieve this? >> >> Thanks in advance and best regards from Mexico. >> >> N >> >>
1 Like