Creating an index or dashboard for users to skip around

Hello,

I'm quite new at ODK, so please excuse my knowledge. I have created a health assessment questionnaire on an Android Tablet using KoboToolBox as well as diving in deeper by changing the excel workbook that has various groups of questions. For instance, one group is about Weight, another about Height, another about MUAC. There are about 15 groups in total.

When the surveyor goes out into the field, sometimes the health assessment is done in different order from health center to health center. I was wondering if it was possible to create some like a table of contents or dashboard in the beginning of the questionnaire by indexing all the groups so they can easily refer back to the main page and go into any group they would like to answer those questions...aka skipping groups but then going back into them later without having to swipe left or right to be able to move throughout the survey.

Thank you!

You already have it with ODK collect. Please use Prompt List and see if it
meets your requirement.

··· On Thursday, November 12, 2015 at 12:52:39 AM UTC+7, abd...@gmail.com wrote: > > Hello, > > I'm quite new at ODK, so please excuse my knowledge. I have created a > health assessment questionnaire on an Android Tablet using KoboToolBox as > well as diving in deeper by changing the excel workbook that has various > groups of questions. For instance, one group is about Weight, another about > Height, another about MUAC. There are about 15 groups in total. > > When the surveyor goes out into the field, sometimes the health assessment > is done in different order from health center to health center. I was > wondering if it was possible to create some like a table of contents or > dashboard in the beginning of the questionnaire by indexing all the groups > so they can easily refer back to the main page and go into any group they > would like to answer those questions...aka skipping groups but then going > back into them later without having to swipe left or right to be able to > move throughout the survey. > > Thank you!

That's great. Sorry I'm quite new at this. Could you perhaps explain how to use it? I have multiple groups such as Height, Weight, MUAC, Physical Signs of Malnutrition, HIV Testing, etc... that I would like to use it for.

Thank you so much for your help!

··· On Thursday, November 12, 2015 at 6:05:23 AM UTC+2, Trung wrote: > You already have it with ODK collect. Please use Prompt List and see if it meets your requirement. > > On Thursday, November 12, 2015 at 12:52:39 AM UTC+7, abd...@gmail.com wrote:Hello, > > > > I'm quite new at ODK, so please excuse my knowledge. I have created a health assessment questionnaire on an Android Tablet using KoboToolBox as well as diving in deeper by changing the excel workbook that has various groups of questions. For instance, one group is about Weight, another about Height, another about MUAC. There are about 15 groups in total. > > > > When the surveyor goes out into the field, sometimes the health assessment is done in different order from health center to health center. I was wondering if it was possible to create some like a table of contents or dashboard in the beginning of the questionnaire by indexing all the groups so they can easily refer back to the main page and go into any group they would like to answer those questions...aka skipping groups but then going back into them later without having to swipe left or right to be able to move throughout the survey. > > > > Thank you!

That's great. Sorry I'm quite new at this. Could you perhaps explain how to use it? I have multiple groups such as Height, Weight, MUAC, Physical Signs of Malnutrition, HIV Testing, etc... that I would like to use it for.

··· On Thursday, November 12, 2015 at 6:05:23 AM UTC+2, Trung wrote: > You already have it with ODK collect. Please use Prompt List and see if it meets your requirement. > > On Thursday, November 12, 2015 at 12:52:39 AM UTC+7, abd...@gmail.com wrote:Hello, > > > > I'm quite new at ODK, so please excuse my knowledge. I have created a health assessment questionnaire on an Android Tablet using KoboToolBox as well as diving in deeper by changing the excel workbook that has various groups of questions. For instance, one group is about Weight, another about Height, another about MUAC. There are about 15 groups in total. > > > > When the surveyor goes out into the field, sometimes the health assessment is done in different order from health center to health center. I was wondering if it was possible to create some like a table of contents or dashboard in the beginning of the questionnaire by indexing all the groups so they can easily refer back to the main page and go into any group they would like to answer those questions...aka skipping groups but then going back into them later without having to swipe left or right to be able to move throughout the survey. > > > > Thank you!

After opening the form, you can choose the

This will allow you to jump elsewhere in your form.

The ODK 1.x (e.g., XLSForm, Collect, Briefcase, Aggregate) forms are not
designed for arbitrarily jumping around the survey. It works, but the
constraints and relevant and required constructs may not work well when
hopping around inside a form.

The ODK 2.0 tools seek to make this much easier.

··· On Thu, Nov 12, 2015 at 2:18 AM, wrote:

That's great. Sorry I'm quite new at this. Could you perhaps explain how
to use it? I have multiple groups such as Height, Weight, MUAC, Physical
Signs of Malnutrition, HIV Testing, etc... that I would like to use it for.

On Thursday, November 12, 2015 at 6:05:23 AM UTC+2, Trung wrote:

You already have it with ODK collect. Please use Prompt List and see if
it meets your requirement.

On Thursday, November 12, 2015 at 12:52:39 AM UTC+7, abd...@gmail.com
wrote:Hello,

I'm quite new at ODK, so please excuse my knowledge. I have created a
health assessment questionnaire on an Android Tablet using KoboToolBox as
well as diving in deeper by changing the excel workbook that has various
groups of questions. For instance, one group is about Weight, another about
Height, another about MUAC. There are about 15 groups in total.

When the surveyor goes out into the field, sometimes the health
assessment is done in different order from health center to health center.
I was wondering if it was possible to create some like a table of contents
or dashboard in the beginning of the questionnaire by indexing all the
groups so they can easily refer back to the main page and go into any group
they would like to answer those questions...aka skipping groups but then
going back into them later without having to swipe left or right to be able
to move throughout the survey.

Thank you!

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"ODK Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to opendatakit-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
Mitch Sundt
Software Engineer
University of Washington
mitchellsundt@gmail.com