.CSV file extension missing on export via ODK Briefcase CLI 1.12

Using CLI version of Briefcase 1.12
When I pull and export with command like this

java -jar odkbriefcase.jar -plla --export -form_id "$i" --export_filename "$i" --storage_directory {storage folder} --aggregate_url {myURL} --odk_username {username} --odk_password {password} --export_directory ./output --pem_file private_key.pem --overwrite_csv_export

My main export does not have a .CSV file extension, whilst sub-tables from repeats do...

CRF_001
CRF_001_repeat.csv
CRF_001_repeat2.csv

If i do the same thing with v 1.10, it works normally

CRF_001.csv
CRF_001_repeat.csv
CRF_001_repeat2.csv

I wonder if this is a code glitch or intentional change.
Any advice welcomed

Thanks for reporting this, @chrissyhroberts! I'll check it

Hi, @chrissyhroberts!

I've verified that on v1.10 we added the csv extension when the given export filename didn't include it.

I've created this issue to fix it. While the fix is released (shouldn't be long), you can ensure that your $i variable includes the extension to get the filenames you're expecting.

Brilliant. thanks.

In the meantime I have followed your advice and for the benefit of others my revised command follows

java -jar odkbriefcase.jar -plla --export -form_id "$i" --export_filename "$i".csv --storage_directory {storage folder} --aggregate_url {myURL} --odk_username {username} --odk_password {password} --export_directory ./output --pem_file private_key.pem --overwrite_csv_export

2 Likes

Hi, @chrissyhroberts!

We've just release ODK Briefcase v1.12.2 with a fix for this issue :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks so much Guillermo.

1 Like