Current form interacting with previous saved forms

Hi,

I am currently conducting survey using ODK collect forms.

For one of the form questions, user needs to select from a drop down menu of options (implemented through select1 input field).

I select an option from the menu for one form, complete other questions of the form and save.
When I start feeling out another form, I want menu options from which has been chosen from previously saved forms to be greyed out or removed from the menu of the current form.

Does anyone know how I can achieve this? I've looked around and I've not found any material which helps with this.

--Anthony

Having the selection choices change based upon the selections made in other
filled-in forms is not supported in ODK Collect.

You will probably need to write an external app to manage this list of
choices, tracking which choices were previously selected.

The ODK 2.0 tools can do this more easily, but we do not have a display
widget that does this, so it would also require customization.

··· On Fri, Apr 17, 2015 at 11:20 AM, wrote:

Hi,

I am currently conducting survey using ODK collect forms.

For one of the form questions, user needs to select from a drop down menu
of options (implemented through select1 input field).

I select an option from the menu for one form, complete other questions of
the form and save.
When I start feeling out another form, I want menu options from which has
been chosen from previously saved forms to be greyed out or removed from
the menu of the current form.

Does anyone know how I can achieve this? I've looked around and I've not
found any material which helps with this.

--Anthony

--

Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"ODK Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
Mitch Sundt
Software Engineer
University of Washington
mitchellsundt@gmail.com

Thanks Mitch.

But please do you know if is there any such feature which can allow xform save entry to CSV file on android. Then when new form is opened, an input field can be populated from contents of the csv file.

Or another suggestion which can enable the forms use shared data among each other.

Thanks in advance.

Anthony.

··· On Friday, April 17, 2015 at 7:38:39 PM UTC+1, Mitch Sundt wrote: > Having the selection choices change based upon the selections made in other filled-in forms is not supported in ODK Collect. > > You will probably need to write an external app to manage this list of choices, tracking which choices were previously selected. > > The ODK 2.0 tools can do this more easily, but we do not have a display widget that does this, so it would also require customization. > > > > > On Fri, Apr 17, 2015 at 11:20 AM, wrote: > Hi, > > > > I am currently conducting survey using ODK collect forms. > > > > For one of the form questions, user needs to select from a drop down menu of options (implemented through select1 input field). > > > > I select an option from the menu for one form, complete other questions of the form and save. > > When I start feeling out another form, I want menu options from which has been chosen from previously saved forms to be greyed out or removed from the menu of the current form. > > > > > > Does anyone know how I can achieve this? I've looked around and I've not found any material which helps with this. > > > > --Anthony > > > > -- > > -- > > Post: opend...@googlegroups.com > > Unsubscribe: opendatakit...@googlegroups.com > > Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en > > > > --- > > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ODK Community" group. > > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to opendatakit...@googlegroups.com. > > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. > > > > > -- > > Mitch Sundt > Software Engineer > University of Washington > mitche...@gmail.com