Customizing ODK Collect for my company

What is the problem? Please be detailed.
My company wants to create a survey form and I will like to use my Company's Icon and name on ODK Collect. So instead of Having ODK Collect on the mobile app, I want to change it to have Corona Survey. Is this possible? If yes, how do I go about it?

What ODK tool and version are you using? And on what device and operating system version?
ODK Build, am running ODK Collect on Android OS 4x
I am new to ODK, just heard of it yesterday, I hope that I gave the correct answer

What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?

What you have you tried to fix the problem?

Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach here.

1 Like

Hi @adejeg

you need to

1. Fork our repository: https://github.com/opendatakit/collect
  2. Change the application name: https://github.com/opendatakit/collect/blob/master/collect_app/src/main/res/values/untranslated.xml#L11
  3. Replace our icon called notes.png with yours.
  4. Build the project.

Regards,
Grzegorz

2 Likes

Thank you for the reply, I will do that.

Good day sir

I'm a beginner in android studio,we have a project in which to collect data, and we found out that odk is one of the best apps that we can use in order to finish the project and we need to change the icon and other part of it, can be this possible?can we run the project in android studio?..thank you so much

Hi @honoratt_mark_ocbina
welcome to the forum! Please introduce yourself here!

I moved your question here since it's a better place (not the only one because there are a few topic like "how to customize the app" ).
What you need is possible but you need some knowledge about Android development or hire someone. You can take a look at my answer above.

thank you for the reply sir, but i manage to run the odk. however i'm getting this kind of error?‘Failed to transform file ‘nbi-stubs-1.0.0.aar’ to match attributes’, cause:entry

Hey @Grzesiek2010

I am keen to do exactly what you have described here, but I am not good at dealing with codes.
Are you able to assist if I provided the company logo?

Did you manage to address the issues? I am trying to customize the ODK icon as well to have our company logo for a survey am setting up. I will be allowing enumerators to download ODK and use but I want it to have our logo when they download on their phones.

Hi @Tobias_Nyumba
welcome to the forum! Please introduce yourself here!

What exactly do you want to achieve? Just your own logo or maybe you need more customization to put your app on Play Store?

Hi @Grzesiek2010 Essentially, I would like to personalise the App such that

1. A member of the public can see a clear connection between the App and my company (non-profit conservation organisation in Kenya). I do not want people to search for a generic App. The first step of having our logo displayed in the app, for now, will be perfect.

2. If I can have a customised App that can be downloaded on the Play Store and Google Store, that will be excellent. Though for now, we are just beginning to test the tool and will need to make changes frequently over the coming months. Therefore a final version of an App might be along short. All the same what would be the process of doing this, if we were to go this route in the coming months?