Data and Form Loss

Hi everyone!

Firstly I'd just like to thank everyone in advance before posting this :slight_smile:
I should state that we use SurveyCTO and not ODK Collect. The Support page at their site say that the two are identically identical so I just thought I could post this here just in case I can get some help.
We use smart phones to conduct short surveys. The phones are Samsung Galaxy Music that come in handy pretty well - we don't use SD cards as the phones have enough internal memory to house the forms and the data. However, recently after my colleague finished interviewing a respondent (he finished and finalized the form), the phone just lost all it's collected data and all the form definitions too. I checked through the directories through my computer hoping to find the files there but nothing. It's as if the app had been reset and lost everything.

Anyone ever seen this before?

Your assistance will greatly be appreciated.

Regards,
Ramadhan

Ramadhan,

To help prevent against the possibility of data loss -- even in the case of
SD card failure -- we have added some features to SurveyCTO's version of
Collect (namely, automatically backing up to the device's internal
storage). If you open a support case on our website, we can direct you to
the proper help topics and help you to hopefully recover your data even if
the SD card has been completely lost or corrupted.

Best,

Chris

路路路 On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 9:52 AM, wrote:

Hi everyone!

Firstly I'd just like to thank everyone in advance before posting this :slight_smile:
I should state that we use SurveyCTO and not ODK Collect. The Support page
at their site say that the two are identically identical so I just thought
I could post this here just in case I can get some help.
We use smart phones to conduct short surveys. The phones are Samsung
Galaxy Music that come in handy pretty well - we don't use SD cards as the
phones have enough internal memory to house the forms and the data.
However, recently after my colleague finished interviewing a respondent (he
finished and finalized the form), the phone just lost all it's collected
data and all the form definitions too. I checked through the directories
through my computer hoping to find the files there but nothing. It's as if
the app had been reset and lost everything.

Regards,
Ramadhan

--

Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"ODK Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Ramadhan,

To help prevent against the possibility of data loss -- even in the case of SD card failure -- we have added some features to SurveyCTO's version of Collect (namely, automatically backing up to the device's internal storage). If you open a support case on our website, we can direct you to the proper help topics and help you to hopefully recover your data even if the SD card has been completely lost or corrupted.

Best,

Chris

Hi everyone!

I should state that we use SurveyCTO and not ODK Collect. The Support page at their site say that the two are identically identical so I just thought I could post this here just in case I can get some help.

We use smart phones to conduct short surveys. The phones are Samsung Galaxy Music that come in handy pretty well - we don't use SD cards as the phones have enough internal memory to house the forms and the data. However, recently after my colleague finished interviewing a respondent (he finished and finalized the form), the phone just lost all it's collected data and all the form definitions too. I checked through the directories through my computer hoping to find the files there but nothing. It's as if the app had been reset and lost everything.

Regards,

Ramadhan

--

--

Unsubscribe: opendatakit...@googlegroups.com

Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ODK Community" group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to opendatakit...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Hi Christopher

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it. I'll definitely do that.

Regards,
Ramadhn Swalleh

路路路 On Thursday, May 29, 2014 7:14:47 PM UTC+3, Christopher Robert wrote: > On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 9:52 AM, wrote: