Data loss after auto-update to V2021.2,3

1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
My ODK tool auto updated today on connection to wifi. It updated to v2021.2.3 and all my finalized data that i was to upload has been deleted.

2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.
ODK tool installed on a TECNO P701 tablet.

3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?
I have tried checking through my settings but all seems okay except for my lost data. I need your help please.

4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?
Kindly help me retrieve my finalized data so that i can upload it to the server.

5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.
Not at the moment, i have been using ODK for past 3 years and all has been good till this auto update to the v2021.2.3 that could have led to loss of data.

Attached are screenshots of what it currently looks like.

What was your previous version of Collect? Before the upgrade were you using a version of Collect that still used the /sdcard/odk folder for data storage?

1 Like

Thanks for taking time to respond to me. Yeah sure, the version that i had still used the sdcard/odk folder for data storage. Unfortunately the upgrade happened spontaneously on connection to a wifi. I hadnt planned to upgrade that that particular time

If the odk folder still exists on your phone with the old data, you should be able to retrieve the submissions using ODK Briefcase.