Data loss when trying to edit saved form

1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
Hello,
I've been using odk collect in the field to record camera trap setup details. Unfortunately I'm having an issue where I've lost a few records (lucky I managed to recover them by other means). The issue occurs both when I mark the form as finalised and when I don't mark as finalised and save and exit, and then go back in to edit saved form.
The form i just completed and saved is listed but when I open it all the data I just entered is missing and if I save again it without re-entering the blank form overwrites the existing entries and the data is lost. If I send finalised form without reopening to edit it works fine and the data appears in the google sheet. However if I make a mistake and need to go back and change something I have to renter everything into the form and often I'm not at the same location so lose the geolocation information.

See screenshots below

2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.
ODK collect v1.30.1
form built using ODK build and exported as .xml
using Google drive as server
data collection device is Samsung A51

3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?
creating a new form with empty spreadhseet as submission url (issue still occurs)
testing if the issue occurs with editing finalised and non finalised forms (it does)

4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?
create form using odk build and set blank google sheet as submission url > export to xml and save to google drive > import form to odk collect app on mobile device > fill out form > save form and exit > go to 'edit saved form' > open form but dont change anything > finalise/save form and exit > send form > open google sheet and see data is missing

5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.

Welcome to the ODK forum, @Stephanie_T! We're glad you're here. When you get a chance, please introduce yourself on this forum thread. I'd also encourage you to add a picture as your avatar because it helps build community!

Are you able to "Export to XLSForm" from ODK Build and then share the form here?