Data visualization in CSV collected from field

What is the problem? Please be detailed.
hello there I'm having an issue in multiple choice selections the thing is that when I m seeing my data for multiple choice answers.
in columns, i have set the choices in xls format to 1 2 3 for lets say pizza burger and pasta, when I open the CSV file that contains all the data I have for one particular answer who chose both 1,2 (pizza, burger) and for data analysing (over 400 respondent) it is a problem to calculate the mode or the mean for the answers for the most eaten meal in your day (for my example, if the option where pizza burger or pasta). any suggestion to help would be appreciated
What ODK tool and version are you using? And on what device and operating system version?
odk collect v1.5.1 (android)

What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?

What you have you tried to fix the problem?
i tried making different value like 1 0 1 and yes and no table but the tablet freezes when i switch to another question

Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach here.

Assuming you're viewing the responses in Excel, you should be able to use the split cells feature to break out the multiple responses into rows. Once they're in rows, you should be able to calculate statistics or draw charts based on that column alone.

If you need that column's values still associated with the row they came from, I bet Excel still has an answer but it's beyond my ability with it.

That really helpful thank you i will do the split feature in excel. Thank
you for your reply

1 Like