Dickson Ukang'a TSC Application - 2017-11-27

Name
Dickson Ukang'a (@Ukang_a_Dickson)

Organization
Ona Systems

What contributions (e.g., issue triage, tech support, documentation, bug fixes) have you made to the ODK community?
Pyxform committer, onadata maintainer, support partners building tools to work with ODK Collect like Enketo, OpenMapKit, and SimPrints.

How do you believe your contributions have benefited ODK?
In a tiny way kept the candle burning for some tools in the ODK community, encouraged new contributions, introduced new functionality.

What do you believe the top priorities for ODK are?
Usability Enhancement
Standardization of features in existing tools
Documentation: reducing barriers to entry for new contributors.

How will you help the ODK community accomplish those priorities?
Encouraging more developers in my organization and my circle to contribute to the community. Bere more responsive to queries, setting aside time every week to be able to provide meaningful contributions closing bugs and reviewing pull requests.

How many hours a week can you commit to participating on the TSC?
2 hours

What other mobile data collection projects, social good projects, or open source projects are you involved with?
Flow Interoperability FLOIP (https://github.com/FLOIP)

Please share any links to public resources (e.g., resume, blog, Github) that help support your application.

Hi @Ukang_a_Dickson! Quick question from me that I'll ask to a few other folks as well. You work on an excellent ODK-compatible server, Ona. Given that context and that you therefore don't use Aggregate, how do you imagine you will approach conversations about Aggregate?

2 Likes

Hi @LN,

I will approach it mostly around standard APIs and expected behaviour of the interactions between ODK Collect and Aggregate server, they should be consistent across all compatible servers. If there is need for new APIs that will provide better/richer usability features for the user when using ODK Collect and these utilize functionality on the server side, a standard API for this is of interest to me.

2 Likes