Dickson Ukang'a (@Ukang_a_Dickson)
What contributions (e.g., issue triage, tech support, documentation, bug fixes) have you made to the ODK community?
- Been part of the ODK 1 TSC for a year
- Been a pyxform maintainer for over 3 years - https://github.com/XLSForm/pyxform - and worked on features, bug fixes and releases.
- Been part of a team that has implemented an alternative ODK aggregate server - https://github.com/onaio/onadata
- that is used by a lot of users in the ODK community.
- I cheer on Martijn of Enketo web forms, in very few instances supported Enketo development.
How do you believe your contributions have benefited ODK?
It has made easier for users of ODK to author really complex forms in a simple way using spreadsheet software. Encouraged more contributions from Ona on
tools like pyxform, Enketo, Open Map Kit and ODK Share.
Ona working with international organization who use ODK on their projects has had a positive impact especially in health and provision of services in hardship areas.
What do you believe the top priorities for ODK are?
- More technical contribution to the development of ODK suite of tools
- Adoption of tools like Enketo and pyxform under the ODK banner.
How will you help the ODK community accomplish those priorities?
- participate in technical discussions by reviewing roadmap issues and discussions, documents
- whenever possible, encourage my organization to provide resources to work on some of this issues
- close more issues on pyxform, work on having pyxform adopted into ODK
How many hours a week can you commit to participating on the TSC?
2 - 3 hours a week
What other mobile data collection projects, social good projects, or open source projects are you involved with?
- Geospacial widget - https://github.com/onaio/kujaku
- onadata - https://github.com/onaio/onadata
- OpenSRP - https://github.com/opensrp
- Pyxform - https://github.com/XLSForm/pyxform
Please share any links to public resources (e.g., resume, blog, Github) that help support your application.