Downloading data with briefcase does not complete and crashes after an error window

1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
Downloading data with briefcase does not complete and crashes after an error window

I collected the data with a form which has seen improvements during the operation, so several (3 to 4) versions. The form is encrypted and audit. For data recovery, the briefcase stops and crashes after an error message. I can't get access to the data for use.

2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.
I am using an ODK Aggregat v2.0.3 server and an ODK Briefcase for data recovery. I have a Windows 10

3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?

To resolve this problem. I changed the version of ODK Briefcase from version 1.14.0 to ODK Briefcase version 1.18.0.jar and I still have no satisfaction.
I have cleared the hystoric of ODK Briefcase still not successful for exporting data.
I have changed recovery folder several times without success
I also tried to send the form to an ODK Central server without success since the form is encrypted.

4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?

I would like to know how to push a form encrypt from ODK Aggregate server to ODK Central server.
I ask the community to take a look at the output of my briefcase.log that I attach to my request.

2020-12-07 13:09:56,912 [Thread-3] ERROR o.o.briefcase.ui.export.ExportPanel - Error while exporting forms
java.io.UncheckedIOException: java.nio.file.FileSystemException: C:\Users\PRIVE\Desktop\zdata\FORMULAIRE DU RECENSEMENT DE BASE DE VECTRON T500 - audit.csv: Le processus ne peut pas accťder au fichier car ce fichier est utilisť par un autre processus.

at org.opendatakit.briefcase.reused.UncheckedFiles.write(UncheckedFiles.java:77)
at org.opendatakit.briefcase.reused.UncheckedFiles.write(UncheckedFiles.java:70)
at org.opendatakit.briefcase.export.CsvFieldMappers.aggregatedAuditFile(CsvFieldMappers.java:278)
at org.opendatakit.briefcase.export.CsvFieldMappers.lambda$null$2(CsvFieldMappers.java:70)
at java.base/java.util.Optional.map(Optional.java:265)
at org.opendatakit.briefcase.export.CsvFieldMappers.lambda$static$3(CsvFieldMappers.java:70)
at org.opendatakit.briefcase.export.CsvFieldMapper.lambda$compose$0(CsvFieldMapper.java:66)
at org.opendatakit.briefcase.export.CsvFieldMapper.lambda$decorateOutput$1(CsvFieldMapper.java:76)
at org.opendatakit.briefcase.export.CsvFieldMappers.lambda$nonRepeatableGroup$18(CsvFieldMappers.java:290)
at java.base/java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$7$1.accept(ReferencePipeline.java:271)
at java.base/java.util.ArrayList$ArrayListSpliterator.forEachRemaining(ArrayList.java:1654)
at java.base/java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.copyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:484)
at java.base/java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.wrapAndCopyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:474)
at java.base/java.util.stream.ForEachOps$ForEachOp.evaluateSequential(ForEachOps.java:150)
at java.base/java.util.stream.ForEachOps$ForEachOp$OfRef.evaluateSequential(ForEachOps.java:173)
at java.base/java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.evaluate(AbstractPipeline.java:234)
at java.base/java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline.forEach(ReferencePipeline.java:497)
at java.base/java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$7$1.accept(ReferencePipeline.java:274)
at java.base/java.util.ArrayList$ArrayListSpliterator.forEachRemaining(ArrayList.java:1654)
at java.base/java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.copyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:484)
at java.base/java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.wrapAndCopyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:474)
at java.base/java.util.stream.ReduceOps$ReduceOp.evaluateSequential(ReduceOps.java:913)
at java.base/java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.evaluate(AbstractPipeline.java:234)
at java.base/java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline.collect(ReferencePipeline.java:578)
at org.opendatakit.briefcase.export.CsvSubmissionMappers.lambda$main$2(CsvSubmissionMappers.java:63)
at org.opendatakit.briefcase.export.ExportToCsv.lambda$null$3(ExportToCsv.java:104)
at java.base/java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$3$1.accept(ReferencePipeline.java:195)
at java.base/java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$3$1.accept(ReferencePipeline.java:195)
at java.base/java.util.stream.ForEachOps$ForEachOp.evaluateSequential(ForEachOps.java:150)
at java.base/java.util.stream.ForEachOps$ForEachOp$OfRef.evaluateSequential(ForEachOps.java:173)
at java.base/java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline.forEach(ReferencePipeline.java:497)
at java.base/java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$7$1.accept(ReferencePipeline.java:274)
at java.base/java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$11$1.accept(ReferencePipeline.java:442)
at java.base/java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$2$1.accept(ReferencePipeline.java:177)
at java.base/java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$2$1.accept(ReferencePipeline.java:177)
at java.base/java.util.stream.ForEachOps$ForEachTask.compute(ForEachOps.java:290)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CountedCompleter.exec(CountedCompleter.java:746)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinTask.doExec(ForkJoinTask.java:290)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinPool$WorkQueue.topLevelExec(ForkJoinPool.java:1020)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinPool.scan(ForkJoinPool.java:1656)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinPool.runWorker(ForkJoinPool.java:1594)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinWorkerThread.run(ForkJoinWorkerThread.java:177)
Caused by: java.nio.file.FileSystemException: C:\Users\PRIVE\Desktop\zdata\FORMULAIRE DU RECENSEMENT DE BASE DE VECTRON T500 - audit.csv: Le processus ne peut pas accťder au fichier car ce fichier est utilisť par un autre processus.

at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.translateToIOException(WindowsException.java:92)
at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.rethrowAsIOException(WindowsException.java:103)
at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.rethrowAsIOException(WindowsException.java:108)
at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsFileSystemProvider.newByteChannel(WindowsFileSystemProvider.java:235)
at java.base/java.nio.file.spi.FileSystemProvider.newOutputStream(FileSystemProvider.java:478)
at java.base/java.nio.file.Files.newOutputStream(Files.java:222)
at java.base/java.nio.file.Files.write(Files.java:3562)
at org.opendatakit.briefcase.reused.UncheckedFiles.write(UncheckedFiles.java:75)
... 49 common frames omitted
2020-12-07 13:10:09,508 [AWT-EventQueue-0] INFO  o.o.b.model.TerminationFuture - cancel requested: Main window closed
2020-12-07 13:10:09,508 [AWT-EventQueue-0] INFO  o.o.b.model.TerminationFuture - cancel requested: Main window closed

5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.

means:

The process cannot access the file because this file is in use by another process.

could you maybe try to create a new storage directory and download your data there?

1 Like

A few things come to mind..

• Maybe you are running multiple copies of Briefcase? Try a reboot.
  • Maybe Java is broken in some way? Try OpenJDK 11 LTS .
  • Maybe anti-virus is blocking file writing? Try disabling it for Briefcase. How to do that depends on your antivirus software.