Downloading forms into a tablet

Hello,

I am trying to use ODK Collect 1.1.7-RC1 on a Samsung Galaxy Tab running
Android 2.2. I can connect to wifi, but I cannot download forms from ODK
Aggregate v1.x Alpha Two. Any help setting up ODK Collect to download and
upload forms on this tablet would be greatly appreciated!!

Regards,

Kim

hi kim,

we are going to need more information before we can help. are you
using a local server or a google app engine server? if you know the
web address of the server, what happens when you type it into the
phone's browser?

yaw

··· On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 08:21, Kimberly Peng wrote: > Hello, > I am trying to use ODK Collect 1.1.7-RC1 on a Samsung Galaxy Tab running > Android 2.2. I can connect to wifi, but I cannot download forms from ODK > Aggregate v1.x Alpha Two. Any help setting up ODK Collect to download and > upload forms on this tablet would be greatly appreciated!! > > Regards, > > Kim > > -- > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >

Hi Yaw,

I'm using a google app engine server that someone set up to help us
test our form though we hope to use a local server in the near future.
When I type in the URL into the tablet under the ODK Collect
Preferences and try to upload a form, I now get an error that reads
'FAILED; network login?'. I think this is a huge improvement from
before, and perhaps requires some sort of approval from the server's
owner? I really hope this is the right information. Please let me know
if you need more. I'll do my best to find it.

Regards,

Kim

··· On Aug 3, 11:38 am, Yaw Anokwa wrote: > hi kim, > > we are going to need more information before we can help. are you > using a local server or a google app engine server? if you know the > web address of the server, what happens when you type it into the > phone's browser? > > yaw > > > > > > > > On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 08:21, Kimberly Peng wrote: > > Hello, > > I am trying to use ODK Collect 1.1.7-RC1 on a Samsung Galaxy Tab running > > Android 2.2. I can connect to wifi, but I cannot download forms from ODK > > Aggregate v1.x Alpha Two. Any help setting up ODK Collect to download and > > upload forms on this tablet would be greatly appreciated!! > > > Regards, > > > Kim > > > -- > > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > > Options:http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en

you should talk to whomever setup the server. it sounds like there is
a user permissions issue. until i know the url of the server and have
admin access, i can't help you any further. feel free to send me that
information directly.

··· On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 06:38, Kimberly Peng wrote: > Hi Yaw, > > I'm using a google app engine server that someone set up to help us > test our form though we hope to use a local server in the near future. > When I type in the URL into the tablet under the ODK Collect > Preferences and try to upload a form, I now get an error that reads > 'FAILED; network login?'. I think this is a huge improvement from > before, and perhaps requires some sort of approval from the server's > owner? I really hope this is the right information. Please let me know > if you need more. I'll do my best to find it. > > Regards, > > Kim > > On Aug 3, 11:38 am, Yaw Anokwa wrote: >> hi kim, >> >> we are going to need more information before we can help. are you >> using a local server or a google app engine server? if you know the >> web address of the server, what happens when you type it into the >> phone's browser? >> >> yaw >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 08:21, Kimberly Peng wrote: >> > Hello, >> > I am trying to use ODK Collect 1.1.7-RC1 on a Samsung Galaxy Tab running >> > Android 2.2. I can connect to wifi, but I cannot download forms from ODK >> > Aggregate v1.x Alpha Two. Any help setting up ODK Collect to download and >> > upload forms on this tablet would be greatly appreciated!! >> >> > Regards, >> >> > Kim >> >> > -- >> > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com >> > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com >> > Options:http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en > > -- > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >