Downloading instances manually

Hello all. I am living in Cote d'Ivoire where surprise surprise because of an upcoming event, the signal from my enumerators has been blocked (all signals from their area actually) and I was forced to download their data and have it sent to me via email (which still works fortunately) via We Transfer. So now I have 400 or so instances folders to add to the 600 data the actually made it through. Not sure how to do this. Any advice?

I tried looking up solutions in this community and saw that some used a briefcase to download everything but it seems only to pull from the data that was able to make it through to the server. I did try to pull from the drive where I downloaded all the manually extracted data but Briefcase is telling me that it doesnt recognize it.

" The selected directory doesn't look like an ODK Collect storage directory. Please select another directory."

Suggestions?

Hello @Karanadharma

Most often, the problem arises during the selection of the ODK Collect storage directory.

Please ensure that the directory you choose in Briefcase unequivocally contains the ODK Collect storage structure, including essential subdirectories such as 'forms' and 'instances.'

You can read more on ODK Documentation

Thanks

Hi Joseph. I am trying to find the correct ODK Collect storage directory. I read the manual several times and the directory to which I am pointing the Pull has the folder forms. When I open that then I can see instances. But I keep getting the same message "The selected directory doesn't look like an ODK Collect storage directory. Please select another directory."

Hi @Karanadharma
ODK Briefcase storage dir should contain forms dir. Inside that forms dir you should have a separate directory for every form. So for example, if you have two forms called form1 and form2 you need two dirs with such names. Then in every form dir (form1 and form2) there should be a form definition (the XML file) and the instances dir where every instance should have its own dir with the submission file. Is that your structure?