1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
Something I have noticed for quite some time and I completely forgot to report: it is not possible to check the submissions submitted to a draft form when the encryption with a passphrase is enabled at the project level. When downloading the data, there is no prompt for entering the passphrase and as a result only the submission metadata can be exported.
2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.
ODK Central version:
3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?
4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?
- Select an ODK Central projet in which encryption is enabled
- Create a new draft
- Test the draft using Enketo or ODK Collect
- Download the draft submission
5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.
Hi @Thalie! I see this behavior in some but not all cases:
- I create a new Form in a Project that uses Managed Encryption.
- I click on the Testing tab.
- I scan the QR code, then send a Submission.
- I click the Refresh button.
- I see the encrypted Submission. However, when I download Submissions, I am not prompted for the passphrase.
- If I then refresh the page, then when I download Submissions, I am prompted for the passphrase.
Is that the behavior you see?
Actually, I see this behavior in both the Testing tab and the Submissions tab: both pages seem to have the same issue.
Oh you are definitely right @Matthew_White ! I actually get exactly the behaviour you describe, for both tabs.
I realise now that you mention it that I had never noticed this behaviour with the Submission tab. It is because I use the Testing and the Submission tabs very differently:
- in the Testing tab, I immediately want to check the submissions I sent, I click the refresh button, download the submissions and never come back to them later
- while for the Submission tab I almost never check the submissions immediately but look at them later so that the page is always refreshed when I want to download the submissions.
And obviously very good to know that I am only one page refresh away from downloading the draft submissions
Thanks, @Thalie! That's very helpful to hear about your workflow. I've filed a GitHub issue about this case here: https://github.com/getodk/central-frontend/issues/521
Thank you so much for documenting and following up!